Telstra Phone Scam Operation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trouble is Jack...aussies don't want the jobs and with aussie wages for many companies it's cost prohibitive

malri_au said:
my favourite example of this is when I was at a clients house,doing computer stuff.

he'd bought a new mobile,so I also helped him set up this new mobile.

new number,brand new activated sim.

5 minutes after setting it up,he gets a call from an indian accented bloke,apparently from telstra.

the typical tech support scam,go to this website,install our crapware,hand over your money.

are these people actually working at telstra and other places?

There's most likely a few inside the security fence, that would be my guess

madtuna said:
The trouble is Jack...aussies don't want the jobs and with aussie wages for many companies it's cost prohibitive

Yes Steve I agree with both those points you made , and i don't like it because it is self destructive !
We are going to be in big trouble financially soon ! yet our pollies keep running up our already huge dept's ( madness ) :8

Cheers & Beers
Jack .

Ded Driver said:
I haven't had a landline in about 10 years now (never set it up when it went over to voip)
If I do business with anyone I request their phone number that they might call from & I put that in my mobile's phone book. These days I rarely answer a call with a hidden ID (they have something to hide, right!), or an unknown number. If I don't know the number, chances are I don't know the person & have no need to speak to them. Exception is if I failed to get their number but am expecting a call, which is not very often.
I tell my friends & family, if they ever need to call me from a friends mobile, to first send me a txt to advise me they will call.
I avoid telemarketers this way too :poop:

You sound like me,if I dont have your number,I dont need to talk to you, unless I am expecting a unknown call and if an unknown number calls me I block them straight away,my landline hasnt been plugged in for years,people who want me call my mobile

Latest posts