Teknetics T2 and T2 SE information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are two T2 versions with different features, reviews on both are available on line.........sorry can't post a link.
Best is to see a dealer and get a demo of both.
I use a Fisher F75 SE/Ltd because it has the fetures useful to my varied search conditions.

ivanll

Teknetics T2 SE and Fisher F75 SE are not the same........Teknetics are cheaper to purchase.
I got an F75 because it can share coils with my Gold Bug Pro.

ivanll

The T2 SE & F75 are very much the same. Apart from the modes being called different things & the backlight feature in the F75 LTD, there is very little difference. If anything as ivanll stated it will be the price that sets them apart.

T2 SE is fantastic, the target id over a coin is responding a lot faster than my AT Pro, ie when a coin under it the machine seems to stay steady on id real quick, goes down really deep and i think is a fantastic machine. Is a lot cheaper than F75 SE but why pay $100's more for F75 just to have a backlight?

Is a learning curve having a new machine to master, but i finally figured out how to hunt wet salt sand with the machine, now to start digging up some beach rings.

Got my F75SE Ltd in July 2011 delivered by UPS less than $1000.......... only a T2 available at that time to compare it with.
F75 share all the coils with my Gold Bug Pro.............the choice was simple.
Both units are lovely to work with.

ivanll

T2 SE & F75 LTD share the same features & functions. With exception of the backlight in the F75 LTD & the price difference of $500.

Ultimate coil on F75SE with the right settings gives more depth than most users would want.
My favourite 10x5"DD is water proof, light and very sensitive, crank up the gain for deep silver in an old park or estate and a wish for a 20 year younger back side come to mind.

1375051096_6-p1016605_400.jpg

I shall stick to my F75SE Ltd for less than a grand..........delivered.

ivanll

I have a T2 SE Great machine. I mainly coin shoot and relic hunt. It will easily pick up a threepence. easy to operate once you learn how to operate it. I upgraded from a Fisher F5.
Sorry for the bump by the way.

Hi guys as I often travel to area where there is little to no gold prospecting i decided to buy a Teknics T2 more for relics and beach detecting and fun, plus i consider any detecting is good detecting and learning
So as I've searched google for as much information as i could find regarding setting and Target ID's which resulted in very down to earth practical information.

So Im here to share what Ive learnt SO FAR THAT WORKS.

What have i found first of all.

This iS a great detector for beach detecting its actually so simple you can actually just turn it on set the tones to 2+ or 3b leave it in "All Metal" and go go go.

If you come across wet sand and you want to detect in this region simple select Ground balance to 0 and sensitivity to 75 then keep on detecting.

If you come across allot of can tops which are pretty well everywhere on the beaches select "Discrimination" then sensitivity to 60 Discrimination to 40.(Note that their are two sensitivities) one under "All metal" and one under "Discrimination" they are separate so make sure you adjust the one your using.

In Discrimination it runs silent so if after Ground Balancing; preferably Manual but Fast GB works as well you hear ground noise just reduce the sensitivity a little then go go go.

Last point if you hold the detector horizontal to the ground and hear noise it electrical interference check that you have the sensitivity (the one your using i.e All Metal or Discrimination ) around 70 to 80 the adjust the frequency. It defaults to F4 every time you turn it on and i found in my area by dropping this to F3 the noise completely disappeared.

After this the rest was easy if you think is trash lift the detect about 3 inches off the ground and if the noise disappears forget it if its still there and with the same or stable target ID Dig.

I hope this helps other people as I mentioned i have no experience at all with gold for this detector as my gold machine is the WHITE GMT a fantastic machine and sone im getting the GPX 4500 but the T2 is really good. The depth is impressive and the speed you can sweep and find target amazing.

Good Hunting Zakman

Thanks for this Zakman. I don't own a Teknetics T2 but I'm sure this will come in handy for someone.

have the t2 great little detector can't fault it one bit best investment I made recommend to all light and easy to use

Hey Bobcat yes I agree its a very good detector I feel the discrimination is a little unstable from time to time but it has great depth.

Good hunting Zakman

There is a plethora of F75 info which is equally applicable to the T2 at http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/list.php?2
I really enjoyed mine, biggest gripe was the high tone for US Nickels - Made it impossible to hunt purely by tone in trashy parks. Also you can't turn the disc up past 50 as it switched it into a boost mode and it became very unstable. I dug some very deep coins with that machine though. You really had to know and trust what it was telling you to get the deep stuff. When Fisher finally gets around to the replacement machine for the F75/T2 I'll be on that train!

Zakman, don't discount the ability of a T2 on gold either. With the 5" coil in All Metal it was very sensitive and the continuous Fe3O4 meter helped with ID of hot rocks. I never found gold with mine but I got plenty of small bits or iron etc. Found a 20c coin and air rifle pellets with it at the Tamboroora (Hill End) Fossicking Area!

Latest posts