teaching down the beach

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so a mate of mine is off to tuena and doesn't have a magic wand yet so i offered my infinium to use, well last night we were off to a major local beach to give him a crash course on how to swing it and not find stuff with it like me, after showing him how to set it up, ground balance etc he was off for a practice, after about five minutes he got a signal, was a old rusted bolt with what looked like a old helicoil on it about 10 inches down, he was pretty happy with that but knowing our beach i knew sooner or later he would find the highly prized 'ally ring pull' and yep he did and that signal confused him for a bit lol, then he found a signal and that got me a little excited but ended up being a .22cal shell... that was about 8 inches down and fairly corroded
all in all was a bit of fun and he is hooked and now wants a ATX, i could see how happy he was finding junk on a beach, i really hope he gets a bit of gold and really makes his day :)

Good story, I have only found junk so far but its all about the hunt.
jamie said:
so a mate of mine is off to tuena and doesn't have a magic wand yet so i offered my infinium to use, well last night we were off to a major local beach to give him a crash course on how to swing it and not find stuff with it like me, after showing him how to set it up, ground balance etc he was off for a practice, after about five minutes he got a signal, was a old rusted bolt with what looked like a old helicoil on it about 10 inches down, he was pretty happy with that but knowing our beach i knew sooner or later he would find the highly prized 'ally ring pull' and yep he did and that signal confused him for a bit lol, then he found a signal and that got me a little excited but ended up being a .22cal shell... that was about 8 inches down and fairly corroded
all in all was a bit of fun and he is hooked and now wants a ATX, i could see how happy he was finding junk on a beach, i really hope he gets a bit of gold and really makes his day :)

Sounds all too familiar, the Infinium goes deep, but on the same token is a pretty much dig everything experience. Certainly keeps you on your toes pulling out bobby pins from rediculous depths. ;)

Latest posts