Swap BSA Bantam for SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great bike MJB
It is similar to the one I learnt to ride on almost 50 years ago. My father's had "sissy bars" and a lap rug.
I recall my father saying he was able to purchase spare parts for it over the counter at a Port Adelaide dealer for 25 years after he purchased it. I still reckon those seats were more comfortable than some of today.
Cheers

Thanks Cairnspom,

I figured a straight swap would be easier but at the moment there does not seem to be anyone out there who wants to get around on a piece of motorcycling history :D
Wow BOBH... sissy bars and a lap rug! that would complete the look no doubt, maybe I should source them and that may mean the difference between a deal or not.

Cheers

Hi Cocosa,

I'm in Mt Gambier SA mate. Have you had enough of the SDC after a week already?

Haha nah mate I'm looking at getting a 7000 SA is a bit of a mission for me though as I'm in Brisbane. Would have been keen though if you were closer.

cososa said:
Haha nah mate I'm looking at getting a 7000 SA is a bit of a mission for me though as I'm in Brisbane. Would have been keen though if you were closer.

Brisbane to Mount Gambier.
The bantam would do that easy.
What a great trip that would be.

exactly what i was going to say. isn't half the fun of picking up a new vehicle the ride home?

Redfin said:
cososa said:

Brisbane to Mount Gambier.
The bantam would do that easy.
What a great trip that would be.

They used to do it back in the day 2 up :eek:
Poor little Bantam

No Problem Cososa... let us know if you change your mind :D

I did Kalgoorlie to Perth,
to Broome,
to Darwin,
to Alice,
to Pt Augusta,
to Kalgoorlie,
3 month later
Kalgoorlie
to Melbourne.

On a 1969 Triumph Bonneville [ trip was 1970 -72 ] working along the way.
Most of it was dirt.

Ok... I have a solution...

Hold onto the bike MJB, and I can use it to get around the Billy's Creek goldfields.

Fetching beers, scoping out new prospects, chasing wildlife etc, etc...

Worth a thought ay?... :D

Reactions: MJB
haha......nice thought Billy although I do have a postie bike for such adventures. HMMMMM.... Billys' creek gold! :Y:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts