Sunshine Coast Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would their be any private landowners who mine out there, who would welcome some first timers for a few days to fossick around?

hello again,

just trying to be funny ( like silver who has gone walkabout) metal detector = tecta .

any way welcome to the forum ,have a good read of the link about places rules and regulation in Qld.
If you not sure just ask, plenty good people who can help.

Up on the top tool bar, above the forum logo is a magnifying glass/ search function. Click on it and learn to search and a lot of good info can be found there.

Regards

Ian

Hi there,
I myself have been looking at travelling to inverall and nearby areas around there to dig some sapphires. Some people go to Billabong blue from what i have read on here for sapphire. Thats about 4 hours from you maybe? Might be a place to start

Hmmm,

looks like a fossicking road trip,
Montville QLD 4560 to Warwick QLD 4370 3hrs drive then on to Inverell NSW 2360 ,another 3hours drive.

Would their be any private landowners who mine out there, who would welcome some first timers for a few days to fossick around?
I don't know of any private areas in SE Qld that give access to prospecting

Regards Ian

You wanna try the Thunder Egg farm that is a bit past (north of) Yandina that will keep the kids busy,

john

Hi.

I'm wanting to go out prospecting in the Sunshine Coast.

I have a Minelab GM1000.

I have heard Yandina and North Arm are a good spot to start but I'm unsure how to go about doing this?

I have my license - am I able to park up along the Bruce Highway and go from there?

If anyone would like a buddy for the day I'd love to join.

Thank you.
Krystal.

Hi Krystal!

Did you end up getting any responses about prospecting around the Coast? I'm a newbie here and would be keen to know how you went ?

Cheers, Tom.

Hi Tom,

Can see that Krystal hasn't actually logged back on to PA since the 5th of August. Might be better trying the email option. I assume you can see the email icon? Being new to the site I am not sure what you can see.

Hope that helps. Re: gold around the Gold Coast - I have absolutely no idea but reckon the beach possibly holds more gold than the hills (rings, earrings, chains, etc). Krystal's GM1000 would be fine for the dry sand.

Cheers, N.E.

Umm If you have got your fossickers licence and have read the paperwork with it then you should already be pretty clear....

In QLD you can only legally prospect for gold on private property if you have the landholders permission & even that isnt enough if there is a mining lease over the property.

You can only legally prospect for gold in public areas in the designated GPAs - General Prospecting Areas

https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/areas-facilities/fossicking/rules/designated-areas

Looking for necklaces & coins on the beach isnt considered propecting but is controlled by local councils so you need to chat with whoever manages the beach - or just try it & see it anyone official says anything.

Looking for coins etc in parks, ovals, school ground etc is also subject to the owner/managers permission.

If that seems very restrictive it is because sadly it is :(

Latest posts