Sunshine Coast Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

just wondering if there are any prospectors on the Sunny Coast or within an hour or so's drive of it. I'm new to prospecting and would love to meet up with others who are keen to get out and do some digging.

cheers :)

Hi Ozjono,

glad to hear from you. Do you do much digging here locally?
I've only tried a couple of creeks close to home so far without any obvious results, that's due to my lack of panning ability I think... As soon as I get a sluice and run some gravel I should know more. I do enjoy the pursuit anyway.

cheers :)

Looking for people in the Sunshine Coast For Tips, Trips and Nuggets

Regards Tony

Hi bigbeav.

I'm in Nambour only 10min away. I'm always keen to get out and do some hunting around. PM me your ph no Tony and I'll give you a call.

cheers Paul :)

cool as Big Sam. It will be great to meet you guys. I'm free most of the week to get out and do some diggin. whats a good time for you?

Give me a call if you want, [contact details removed as per forum rules, please add them to your profile - Nugget]

cheers Paul :)

I'm a FIFO worker, roster is forever changing at the moment, and with a new son my breaks are pretty packed, but would love to sort a good dig soon with you guys, all I have is a pan and a coin shooting detector so about all I can offer my labour.

cool as Big Sam. I've got an AT Pro, a Whites Surf PI, waterproof pin-pointer a few pans a hand dredge and im about to get a AM Boss sluice. We will have to get together and figure out a time and place to have a dig. I'm keen as :)

cheers

Welcome to the Sunshine Coast Prospectors

BigSam have your number will contact you very soon

Rain for the next couple of days time to set up the blue bowl for a test run

BigBeav said:
Rain for the next couple of days time to set up the blue bowl for a test run

hey there BigBeav, how did it go with the blue bowl, did you end up getting it running ok?
Loving this rain, maybe the little bit of water left in our creeks wont be stagnant now with any luck. Hope to catch up soon. :)

Hey Lads,
I am usually up at Buderim at the inlaws, I could probably work out a day during a weekend for a day trip somewhere for a dig, I dont know of any places up this way but I could find out.
Cheers
Brad....

aushunter, there is a few of us meeting in the morning for a dig. I'll pm you my number. we are meeting at 8am. :)

Hello we are looking for some advice and tips on where to take our children fossicking for Gemstones and Gold. We live in Montville, Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Queensland. We are going for 4 days and would like to camp. We don't want to have to travel far. 6 hours is probably our limit. Any advice would be very grateful. We have never done this before and we are all very excited. xx p.s. if we took a metal detector would that work for anything? xx

Latest posts