Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rasheede said:
I used it With Headphone Minelab koss 30
The detector is a gpz 7000
Never notice a difference as it increases the noise too and with the filter 2 or 3 the sound drops and when the sound becomes loud
I changed the volume settings and the volume was useless
It's a $ 225 loss
But that the wireless speaker MW12 gives a better voice
:argh:
Noise increases with the same increase as the target sound. It is a volume control device

Do you cheat or promote this product?

... 4 posts in 2 years ...
Not sure what the other posts say , not even interested
I doubt anyone could take you seriously

steelPHASE said:
Rasheede said:
I used it With Headphone Minelab koss 30
The detector is a gpz 7000

If you have a genuine GPZ7000, look at post #666 on https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=441359#p441359. Nenad has posted some settings he uses on the 7000 with the sP01.

I have not had your experience with the Steel phase. I would check your device settings and headphones.
From your previous posts I have some concerns about your device purchases and possibly your expectations. Are all the devices genuine?
Many people have been caught out with fake devices. My main suggestion would be ensure you purchase from approved re sellers or check the S/Ns.

What are your settings?

You also need to understand no matter what device you are using, if there is no gold under your detector you are out of luck.
Walking over the gold is a help.

Good luck

HH

Sorry
I apologize for what I said about sp01 enhancer
I have applied the settings described by my forum members
I found him amazing
I found very deep nuggets
In places where much of the detector has been researched
My friends were amazed
I did not tell them where I bought it exclusively for me, I'm hahaha
I apologise
I apologise
:Y: :Y:

Rasheede said:
Sorry
I apologize for what I said about sp01 enhancer
I have applied the settings described by my forum members
I found him amazing
I found very deep nuggets
In places where much of the detector has been researched
My friends were amazed
I did not tell them where I bought it exclusively for me, I'm hahaha
I apologise
I apologise
:Y: :Y:

Rasheede no need to apologise. I'm just glad you managed to get it all sorted out. I hope you have great success and find lots of gold.

regards Pat

Got mine but have not been able to give it a good test yet.
Getting out in a coupple of weeks and cant wait to use it.
Will keep you updated

I thought for those with little tech expertise this diagram may help.

Plus a little simple explanation;

1538284725_audio_plugs.jpg

1. Audio wiring is similar to any electrical circuit, it needs a line out and a return.
2. In most cases, the return is the braided shielding, which serves 2 purposes - 1. to complete the circuit and 2. to shield the circuit from outside interference.
3. Mono audio cable has only 1 core wire and can be coloured white or black, the colour not relevant.
4. Again in most cases good stereo audio cable comprises of 2 core wires insulated from each other and coloured Red (Right) and White (Left). They are then surrounded by a braided shield/return.
5. The primary difference - Mono output is all of the output going to 1 channel i.e. 1 speaker. Stereo output is 2 output channels i.e. Left and Right and in the case of music, contain different content to simulate spatial separation. A simple example is a piano to your left and a singer to your right, the ear closest to the noise will note its direction more than the opposite (assuming both ears are similar).
6. When connecting a Stereo line to a Mono Plug or a Mono line to a Stereo Plug, all that happens is the end output is now Mono as both channels are combined.

Where detectors differ from music is; the audio to headphone or duel speaker left and right channels are identical. So effectively a mono output made into pseudo stereo.
The primary use of Stereo/Mono wiring occurs in the GPX series of detectors. A Mono wired plug inserted to the GPX battery triggers a small audio amplifier within the battery. This gives the output enough power to drive an external speaker. A stereo wired plug i.e. headphones inserted, does not trigger the amplifier as the detector output is sufficient to drive headphones.

In the instance of the SDC2300, there is no effective volume control or audio amplifier to drive a speaker, it is designed for use with headphones.
To use a speaker requires an external audio amp to be used. On a recent trip to the GT, I was fortunate enough to have the loan of a SP01, I also have my own B&Z Booster.
I'll detail next post.

I found that running the SDC on Sensitivity 1 and 4 LED Threshold to be the quietest re EMI and other noise. However, the volume at my ears was not enough for me.
I first tried the B&Z (same detector settings) to improve the volume to a clear target response, the B&Z created a noticable Humm, which quickly became intollerable.
I then used the SP01 in several configurations, all gave outstanding results.

I'll Ignore the SDC supplied headphones as the plug won't allow use of any booster. I have Nenads adaptor cable to give the 1/4" jack socket output. I also have the Deteknix wireless headphones with its Tx module. I also have a seperate Deteknix Tx/Rx module that I can use normal headphones or a speaker.

To use the SP01 with the Deteknix wireless system there are 2 options - 1. 1/4" socket (Nenads Lead) to a small patch lead to the input of the SP01. The output of the SP01 to the Deteknix Tx module. This amplifies the detector before the signal is TX.

The 2nd option can use the Deteknix headphones or, as I did, the Koss GPX5000 headphones; Using the seperate Tx/Rx modules, I connected the Tx directly to Nenads patch lead at the detector. For the Koss phones I plugged the Rx to the input of the SP01 and the Koss to the output, this amplifies the audio after it's Tx.

The Deteknix headphones has a cabled option in case the battery goes flat during the day, it is a 1/8" plug which requires a 1/8" skt to 1/4" plug adaptor (which I have).

I used the same methodology for the B&Z Booster. The last test I did was to replace the Koss phones with the single speaker on my harness.

Conclusions

1. On the SDC2300 the B&Z Booster, speaker or headphones is problamatic and not recommended. (I'm being polite :) )
2. The Sp01 gives a slightly better response when used after a wireless signal is transmitted.
3. If using the Deteknix wieless system, the seperate Tx/Rx modules using Koss headphones gives a clearer signal than the Deteknix headphones.
4. If using wireless to speaker, the duel speaker option would be significantly better than a single speaker.

In the 2 days I was able to use the SP01, I found 8 bits of gold, some of which I am sure would have been missed without it.

Latest posts