Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SteelPat said:
Pirate pete said:
Just had to send mine back as it wont hold the charge will see what happens not blaming or bagging them these things happen .

Sorry to hear you have an issue. All the units go through 2 full charge /discharge cycles before they leave here. Batteries/charge circuits can fail but I haven't had any come back for that issue yet.

Who did you send it back too? As soon as I see it I'll get it sorted and straight back to you.

regards
Pat

I have been looking at the sP01 with interest & reading comments here & elsewhere & this is the 1st & only problem Ive come across so far. I like what you say SteelPat that they are fully tested for 2 cycles. Most good commercial gear only get a random sample tested. These sounds like the ducks nuts to me so this is going on my shopping list (theres a couple of other items before it tho) :lol:

Pirate pete said:
Just had to send mine back as it wont hold the charge will see what happens not blaming or bagging them these things happen .

Just make sure you have it plugged in all the way. I had mine on charge all night once and it was dead, lasted 5 minutes, the next morning. I had the plug in as far as it would go or so I thought. I actually had to force it in quite hard to get it to click in all of the way.

Not saying yours has the same issue but just something else to be aware of.

You know what would be really good to be added to the Steel Phase amp would be press a button or something to indicate battery life.
Rather than charging every time. This would save heaps of time. Or an add on that would indicate battery life.

Cheers HH

HoudiniHarry said:
You know what would be really good to be added to the Steel Phase amp would be press a button or something to indicate battery life.
Rather than charging every time. This would save heaps of time. Or an add on that would indicate battery life.

Cheers HH
Just charge it every 2 days, I have to do this with my headphones and sender , I run totally cordless so I use the smaller battery with the 4500 its good for max 4.5 hours so I charge it when I get home too, tying to save some weight by using that , I do take the harness and normal battery and chords just incase its going to be a big day pluss the car charger to use at lunch time.

HoudiniHarry said:

Cheers HH
Not disputing a battery indicator may be good but li-ion batteries like to be charged/kept charged. IMO it's good practice to charge them with every use or two depending on usage time.

Hey Steel Pat,

Just a quick question about availability of the SP01. Seems to be in short supply (very popular) what sort of time frame are we looking at to see them back on the shelves ?

HoudiniHarry said:

Cheers HH

In original design I had led indicator etc but it would draw current, making battery drain quicker plus there is no physical room in case to mount any more components. And I didnt want to go for a bigger case.
On the test bench, it will run for 3 days without charge but I would suggest charging every trip as LiPo's like to be kept charged.

Nuggz said:
Hey Steel Pat,

Just a quick question about availability of the SP01. Seems to be in short supply (very popular) what sort of time frame are we looking at to see them back on the shelves ?

They are constantly in production but as each one is handmade by myself, I can only make so many per week. I am hoping to have caught up on all the backorders over the next few weeks but if more orders keep coming in that will get pushed back a little.
Generally if someone orders direct online from the steelPHASE website, the order will be filled in 10 - 12 days.
I think Nenad has stopped taking orders on his website at the moment just until his backorders are filled.

1533087001_steel_phase_amp_img_0989.jpg

Very happy with the Amp. On setting 3 it filters out a lot of bleeps and burbs the Tdi seems to make, it also lowers the tone so it's much more pleasant to spend the hours with it.
Matt T

SteelPat said:
They are constantly in production but as each one is handmade by myself, I can only make so many per week. I am hoping to have caught up on all the backorders over the next few weeks but if more orders keep coming in that will get pushed back a little.
Generally if someone orders direct online from the steelPHASE website, the order will be filled in 10 - 12 days.
I think Nenad has stopped taking orders on his website at the moment just until his backorders are filled.

Great problem to have :Y: i have only seen and heard positives about the SP01

Latest posts