Footwear for detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What kind of footwear does everyone use, I bought a pair of blundstones but they set the detector off as well ( not steel cap).
Any suggestions?

What kind of footwear does everyone use, I bought a pair of blundstones but they set the detector off as well ( not steel cap).
Any suggestions?
Used Blundstones in early days but the new Minelab detectors put an end to wearing them. They don't have a steel toe cap but do have steel in the sole. On my second pair of lace up Magnums that are very comfortable.

This might sound weird, but if you have a pin pointer you could hide it in a pocket & bring it out to check the boots on the shelf.

This might sound weird, but if you have a pin pointer you could hide it in a pocket & bring it out to check the boots on the shelf.
Why hide it 🤔 at the end of the day your well within your rights to check. You might even educate the sales team who say they don't have any metal all the while they actually do, as with Blunstone.

I've used a pin pointer and proven sales people wrong on more than one brand. The sales staff more often actually don't know how the shoe/boot etc is assembled, their in the business of selling and not obliged to know the manufacturing detail. Some do know their product most don't.

Definitely take your pin pointer if you have one, just make sure the battery is in working order 😅 I learnt the hard way 🙄

Used Blundstones in early days but the new Minelab detectors put an end to wearing them. They don't have a steel toe cap but do have steel in the sole. On my second pair of lace up Magnums that are very comfortable.
My first pair of magnums were the Interceptor range. They were the best boots I've ever owned. I tried to get another pair when they wore out, but they didn't make them any more. Then I found some on a online store in Melbourne. Only $60. What a bargain! When they arrived I checked them right over in case they were duds. They were a perfect match with my old pair. Identical in every way. After I'd been detecting for about 2 hours I looked down at my new boots and the shiny leather had worn off, revealing some sort of cheap and nasty material underneath. They were very comfortable too wear. On the second day of detecting, the sole, from the toe to the heel peeled off from the right boot. The only thing holding the sole on was the heel. That was the end of my detecting for that day! I lodged a complaint, and got a message back from them asking if I wanted another pair, or a refund! I got my refund. They never asked for their boots back. So, if you see a good deal for boots from an online store in Melbourne. BEWARE!

Nightjar. What is the name of the Magnum range you bought? And where did you buy them? I wouldn't mind having another pair. But real Magnums this time!

Hi Peter,

Can you send me your Email on PM please don't have it on this computer.

Detrack

Latest posts