South Coast NSW Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still raining fairly well here in Bega.

Should clear this afternoon.
Quite a large system just went over the top of us.

Things are going to be a bit soggy for a while.

Hi Mackka,

We cant see the bush any more. Too much bush covering the bush (if you know what I mean) Yes, it is good. A lot of the larger trees will never recover but the under scrub is thicker and wilder than it ever was. A mate and I took 45 minutes to push through about 250m of it the other day.

Made it up ok without too many issues, will hang around for a few days should be straightforward run home.

Crazy weather. Splitting wood in November :argh:

My Son and his Partner are heading over to Tathra tomorrow Has there been much snow up on the kozioscko (spelling ) ranges? His 4by is in my shed halfway through a head gasket repair, so they are taking his partners Little Kia Rio.

Chino1 said:
Depends on where you are going, I live in Araluen and we are saturated, the road to Moruya is still closed due to slips, the rd to Majors Creek is closed due to slips (may not reopen ever) and all of the creeks/rivers are running full, prediction is another 70 to 80mm next three days, if that comes off I will be flooded in again................this will be the 7th flood event since the fires.

Are you referring to the gorge road to M Creek?

jethro said:
My Son and his Partner are heading over to Tathra tomorrow Has there been much snow up on the kozioscko (spelling ) ranges? His 4by is in my shed halfway through a head gasket repair, so they are taking his partners Little Kia Rio.

I went via Gippsland and then inland from Cann River as the forecast had snowfalls predicted for several days including the most current ones mate.

Im not far from the Snowy range and its about as artic as it gets right now in November (!)

Id be cautious if they decided to go through whether by Talbingo or through Perisher/Jindabyne mate, good a chance as any its icy or snow around.

Ill be waiting past Wed before trying to attempt to return that way myself.

It would be pretty rough up there at the moment.
Blew a lot last night and still a bit now.

A few times I have had to turn back from heading
to Jindabyne.
Been caught a few times.

Just as an aside was shown an app called Live traffic NSW, which gives a pretty good real time alert on a map for road closures, roadworks etc.

According to the person who recommended it they thought it pretty accurate so maybe be helpful for someone.

Latest posts