Some finds with the xtera 70 and xtera 305

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great finds Rockhound.

Never been game to try there, I think the rotunda is heritage listed so I'm not sure how close you could get to it before some one complained.
Good to see some Bundy treasure on here for a change.

Daggy

Daggy said:
Great finds Rockhound.

Never been game to try there, I think the rotunda is heritage listed so I'm not sure how close you could get to it before some one complained.
Good to see some Bundy treasure on here for a change.

Daggy

Hey daggy :)
I've never been game to try that end either.I was up the other end closer to the bridge.I haven't done the rotunda end at all,like you said that would be asking for trouble

Got out for another hunt this morning.Was a bit of a slog in the insane humidity but got a couple of bits of silver for my effort :)
1518762253_image.jpg

1873 is a diecrack (probly a noted veriety)
Note how it goes under the wreath
1518816348_screenshot_2018-02-17-07-22-38.jpg

not sure on the termination end though :eek:
might have had a little help here Rh 8) :eek: ]:D
1518816452_screenshot_2018-02-17-07-23-26.jpg

still a nice coin though :Y:
(Could have been a cracked planchet too) :D

silver said:
1873 is a diecrack (probly a noted veriety)
Note how it goes under the wreath
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1518816348_screenshot_2018-02-17-07-22-38.jpg
not sure on the termination end though :eek:
might have had a little help here Rh 8) :eek: ]:D
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1518816452_screenshot_2018-02-17-07-23-26.jpg
still a nice coin though :Y:
(Could have been a cracked planchet too) :D
Old hawkeye's :D Well spotted mate definitely a die crack :cool:
And um not sure what happened to the termination end :8 :8 :D

Well done rockhound.... seen you somewhere lately 8) ..... over on ktmmans thread :lol:
nicely retrieved :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:

If you were north of Bundy it was probably me.

Me and Pat and the kids did the rounds of Mt Perry today and Last Sunday and found all of the state reserves had been done over quite well but still managed to get my oldest coin yet at the racetrack and a silver today at the hall. Pat found a fantastic match holder (I'm not sure what they are called) still has rotten matches in it!
Most places will still have something left, you just need to find the patch. I was told by a friend of mine, that he met a bloke at a dinner in Bundy who had done the Bucca Hall a couple of times years ago and found nothing. Me and my mate Pat have pulled out close to 60 predecs and heaps of decs out of there.
Don't give up on those places as a lot people don't grid like I do and also go for the most obvious spots.

Pm me if you want to know the places we have chewed out and done with!

Daggy

Missed some of your finds lately, doing well on that cool gold pendant and silver tally. Doesn't matter how hard you hit many of these older spots, they always seem to produce one more keeper for the collection. ;)

Latest posts