Some finds from Lowmead

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spot on Lefty :) .. Had some issues with a 'farmer' a few years ago down Torrington way.... told me to f$%* off his land.. when I pointed out there was no fence, no signage, and nowhere near private property...How the hell are we suppose to know where his boundary was..... His reply was 'I will call the Police' .... Go ahead call them, I know the local boys and I will wait here for them to arrive..... They never turned up.... Spoke to one of them later that week and was told to stay away for a few days cause they wanted to catch him attending to his ''Crops'' Lol... He Was a Farmer alright, but farming the wrong Crops.....They always get their Man.... :lol: :lol:

If Opal has issues then a sign and a fence is a must..... Wants it all to himself I think.... :rolleyes:

LoneWolf.... And a Merry Christmas to all my Friends and Foes... :cool:

Maybe opal is the farmer with his field of green :lol: :lol: :lol:
1482462164_google-earth-pot.jpg

says he's looking for opal but I've heard that line before :D :eek: 8) :lol:

LoneWolf said:
Spot on Lefty :) .. Had some issues with a 'farmer' a few years ago down Torrington way.... told me to f$%* off his land.. when I pointed out there was no fence, no signage, and nowhere near private property...How the hell are we suppose to know where his boundary was..... His reply was 'I will call the Police' .... Go ahead call them, I know the local boys and I will wait here for them to arrive..... They never turned up.... Spoke to one of them later that week and was told to stay away for a few days cause they wanted to catch him attending to his ''Crops'' Lol... He Was a Farmer alright, but farming the wrong Crops.....They always get their Man.... :lol: :lol:

If Opal has issues then a sign and a fence is a must..... Wants it all to himself I think.... :rolleyes:

LoneWolf.... And a Merry Christmas to all my Friends and Foes... :cool:

Exactly LoneWolf. One thing I get tired of is people making out that everything is always and ever the fault of fossickers - there's no such thing as landholders ever doing the wrong thing, is there? :rolleyes: I saw one bloke chase people away from a popular local swimming hole after he bought the property - the road was a gazetted public road and the swimming hole was inside the road reserve but he was telling everybody he owned the lot. Another ripped up a gazetted public road with a bulldozer to stop people accessing a gold diggings (he was ultimately made to repair it).

In some cases the reasons may be understandable (and there's probably plenty of instances of "cash crop" farming people don't want discovered :) ) but that doesn't mean they can just go ahead and block access as though they personally owned public thoroughfares - I don't like that fact that a few d***heads use the road out the front of my place as a drag strip from time to time (the police never seem to catch them!), the noise and the risk they'll hit a kid or otherwise cause an accident - but that doesn't mean I can solve it by telling everyone that I own the street!

Hopefully Opal is at Bunnings right now buying fencing and signage material, having learned the lesson that if you keep fibbing too often, sooner or later you'll get caught out ;)

:lol: That's Him.... :lol: :lol:....
No it's not really, probably his Son tho looking for the 'green' Opal:lol: :lol:

Lefty that is sooo true.... Farmers ''Always Do the Right thing Don't they... :rolleyes: A Fence and/or Sign or its not a boundary I say... :cool:
Same for a popular Waterhole on Army land here... Local Farmer keeps trying to chase people out but the army doesn't mind us there... they even come down for a swim sometimes in their APC's , they even arrived in a Tank one day....Towels drying on the muzzle :eek: :lol: Tried to take a pic but they wouldn't let me :(

LoneWolf....

Hi everybody just a reply to your comments I'm not trying to be anything but helpful as you are aware it is a 150square meter plot unfortunely no one can stay inside this .....the property has no fences but incase you missed it there is a grid you drive over that keeps cattle in .I' have been informed by queensland mines that any person fossicking needs a permit ect ....please feel free to contact them at the quilpie office to purchase one and please get written permission from land owner to enter property I'm in the process of putting up a new fence as old one was burnt down good luck with your prospecting .....do the right thing so as not to loose it thank you :)

Come n have a dig or a chat with anyone up there n get to know them Opal, that country familiarity will make you feel good n we'll all get along great in the long run. ;) :D

G'day Tathradj.

162 is Opals block, the fossicking area is between his boundary (including his driveway easement) back to the fence to the east and down to the creek.

Seems he doesn't sleep real well, his last post was 12:34 am !!

Daggy

Your not wrong Silver.
Were are you from? looks like you might have beat me to a few of the good spots around here.

SEQ Daggy. But, when I get to travel ,.... well, you know how it is. :D

Got some of our best amethyst this morning, perfect crystals with no cracks but quite small. We found some nice big rough pieces and plenty of chips.
Still can't find any good smokey and only found one bit of citrine with lots of cracks.

I was ready to give up on our hole, all the pockets seemed to have run out but when I started to collapse the undercuts out popped a lump of crystal (double terminated) the size of a childs fist, it's a mix of every colour quartz but it isn't very pretty. Looks like we'll keep going with this hole for a bit longer.

The humidity today was incredible, the air temp was 28 degrees but with no wind around I was literally drenched and when it rained you couldn't notice. It didn't see any other wheel tracks at the fossicking area but someone had walked all around the place yesterday (the diggings were very fresh) and dug six inch holes all over the place and dug in other peoples overburden. Strange!

I've given up on the photos, they look like crap compared to everyone else's, don't know If it's me or the camera settings but I'm not a photographers ****hole.

Daggy

Hey Daggy, good to hear you had some luck up there.

I don't have a fancy camera,all the photos I have used on this forum have come from my phone camera.
It may take a few shots to get a good one,the main thing is to make sure your coin/gemstone is the center of focus and not the back ground.
Then I just use an app on my phone to crop and resize to fit on the forum. I hope you give it another go as we would all love to see your finds.

Ok you've talked me into it.
I took heaps of pics and chose the best looking ones, still not happy with them as the camera doesn't show the true colours.
These are the best bits.
1483393782_1-optimized.jpg

These two are perfect but tiny.
1483393835_2-optimized.jpg

1483393871_3-optimized.jpg

All the citrine has cracks.
1483393906_5-optimized.jpg

1483393924_6-optimized.jpg

Would it be possible to tumble some of the big bits or would they just fall to pieces because of all the cracks?

Daggy

Latest posts