Sniping Bulb Ideas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all i'm looking at making a sniping bulb to use this summer in the rivers and creeks and was just wondering if anyone had attempted anything similar the only thing i'm trying to get my head around is creating a catch chamber for the material if anyone has any photos or ideas lists of materials ect. it would help greatly

Look up 'snuffer / sniffer / snifter bottles' online which we use for sucking gold out of pans. It should still work underwater and the gold can't escape as long as the lids on and straight.

The design will give you a few ideas if you want to make your own from a bulb. Very simple modification actually.. you just need tge sucking tube to extend nearly down to the bottom inside the bulb and you have a sniffer / snuffer bottle

I had a go at sniping the other day with no luck apart from coins and glass, you really need good cracks n crevices or feather the light stuff away till you hit bedrock

yellowfever1986 said:
Hi all i'm looking at making a sniping bulb to use this summer in the rivers and creeks and was just wondering if anyone had attempted anything similar the only thing i'm trying to get my head around is creating a catch chamber for the material if anyone has any photos or ideas lists of materials ect. it would help greatly

Can I suggest to maybe have a look at one of our vids...GOLD SNIPING, on our WalnLiz You Tube channel, as there you can have a look at what we regularly use locally in a converted "Turkey Baster". These are far more efficient than the plastic snuffer bottles, as when snipping you need the strongest suction available to you, and rubber bulbs create far superior suction to plastic.

A converted "Turkey Baster" will suck up a full gram of flakes in the one squeeze. You can build one of these for under 10 bucks, and you won't look back. ;)

Best of luck with it,

Wal.

Multi Tasking at its best there Ram.... :lol: but on a serious note they could be modified to work extremely well.

Latest posts