Smelting gold for a ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who would be able to use my gold to make a ring with?
I am looking to make an eternity ring for my wife.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Mitch

There's a few around Mudgee/Gulgong:
Gulgong Jewellers, who I can personally recommend having done my wedding ring for me. Chris is pretty much retired though & only opens 1 day a week or by appointment I believe, but he may take something on:
(02) 6374 1844

Sabine Geerdes is another that appears to do good work but I'm yet to have anything made there:
https://www.sabinevangent.com.au/

Cheers Matt, I wasn’t expecting someone local to be able to do it. But that’s great. Cheers mate I’ll get in touch with them.
Regards Mitch

We just got a ring made by Nicole Viney Jewellery in Tasmania. Really good to deal with and did an amazing job.

Just curious -- how did the ring go?
Still trying to find someone who can do small batches. Unfortunately alot of refineries won’t take it or if they do then there is no guarantee that you get back your actual gold. You will end up with the same amount of refined product but not specifically the product you sent.
Regards Mitch

Why send it to a refinery? Just ask the jeweller if they can use the natural gold. I did this with our wedding rings back in 87. They end up being softer and require rounding every now and again if you wear them while working. You can only ask.

Regards Axtyr.

Latest posts