Smallest piece with an SDC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1471382725_image.jpg
went out moonlighting last night with an sdc

Bogger said:
BillS said:
Bogger said:
Bill have to ask are you local to Chewton ? Just asking as ex Wesley Hill
Well done also and bet the smiles broad :)
No from Hoppers Crossing but Chewton is a relatively quick trip.

Aaaaah so your a tourist then :D :D :D
Nice little pick ups today Bill .......................... there the one's that keeps ya keen ;)

Just can't seem to get any size ones.

tvtom said:
hey Jwal I see your using a SDC2300 what are they like I have been looking at them but cannot make up my mind. a bit of advice would be muchly appreciated Tom

Hey Tom
As this is my first detector,i don't really have a comparison, so I went for the best one I could afford.

It's easy to use, but unless you swing over the yellow detecting can be, let's say, good exercise.

Pretty frustrated. Have about 18 pieces for just over two grams. Getting the gold down to .024gm but cannot get onto a gram sized one for love or money.

BillS said:
Pretty frustrated. Have about 18 pieces for just over two grams. Getting the gold down to .024gm but cannot get onto a gram sized one for love or money.

Think yourself lucky. I have none for nothing :|

BillS said:

It'll happen BillS you just need to walk over it, that's the hard part knowing where to walk. You've got it all happening the way it's ment to, all you need now is the gram + nugget. It'll happen if you keep having a crack.

I found a 2 gram specimen in the 1st 20 minutes with the SDC. Funny thing is I never heard it with the 5k 2 days earlier. Either me or the machine, still trying to work that 1 out I'm leaning towards me :lol:

The 2 on the right have distinct shape. Pretty nice!
Don't worry about the big ones, Bill. We'll melt down all the lil bits that you DO GET and make you a real nice hunk!

Found that piece on a walking track in red clay just under the surface. Came out on the first rub of the pick.

Latest posts