Smallest piece with an SDC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all haven't posted for awhile been reading though got out for couple of hours yesterday first time for 6 weeks found heaps of junk and one tiny bit about 2inches down very hot ground in whipstick just out of Eaglehawk Vic sdc cheers Muk .
1488745586_image.jpg

Well done everyone I was wondering what you run your sdc s on I'm usually 3 or ; sensitivity 5/7 on threshold sometimes if very noisy no threshold seems to work interested if anyone has other ideas cheers Muk

Hey Muk,

I'm up in North Queensland and I run mine flat out, sensitivity on 5 and threshold on max. I am getting a bit pissed off picking up shotgun pellets and small tacks (1mm thick and 3mm long) though. ]:D I have no problems picking up the target noises. :)
I have had a couple of times when detecting for about 3 hours when all of a sudden it sounds like the sdc has a faulty connection somewhere. :( :mad: Not flat batteries. Disconnected the b&z booster with twin speakers and still getting the same problem. The sdc wasn't making any back ground noise but would still go off when over a target. Turned threshold back to 1 then all the way back up and problem solved.
It was a bit disheartening not knowing if it was working properly but after repeatingly finding these small targets I still have full confidence in this little blue hoover. :D :Y:
Now all I have to do is put it over the top of more gold targets. ]:D

Cheers

Doug

Wishfull,

Yes I have tape around both sets of batteries. Thought it may have been a battery problem and put the other set in and still had the problem. Not very concerned now that I know the problem can be "reset". If it does it again I will just reset the threshold again to make sure this works.

Cheers

Doug

Cheers Rockhunter when I run on sens 5 sometimes it's a bit warbally that's when I turn threshold off plenty of pellets everyone must of had shotguns in the old days cheers Muk.

Rockhunter62 said:
Hey Muk,

I'm up in North Queensland and I run mine flat out, sensitivity on 5 and threshold on max. I am getting a bit pissed off picking up shotgun pellets and small tacks (1mm thick and 3mm long) though. ]:D I have no problems picking up the target noises. :)
I have had a couple of times when detecting for about 3 hours when all of a sudden it sounds like the sdc has a faulty connection somewhere. :( :mad: Not flat batteries. Disconnected the b&z booster with twin speakers and still getting the same problem. The sdc wasn't making any back ground noise but would still go off when over a target. Turned threshold back to 1 then all the way back up and problem solved.
It was a bit disheartening not knowing if it was working properly but after repeatingly finding these small targets I still have full confidence in this little blue hoover. :D :Y:
Now all I have to do is put it over the top of more gold targets. ]:D

Cheers

Doug
Yep mine has had connection issues resolved , yet somedays i am convinced it hates me , i really do wonder if its a bad one or if the wthr and ground is just crazy. One thing this does cause is a super education on deciphering the right noises and when it runs smooth i can find gold a pan would miss :lol:

PhaseTech said:
We get a few of these little ones. Mrs M has worked out that if she puts a bigger one on first, perhaps a 0.2g then the little one will give a reading.
We have the same scales as this but they jump around a bit before settling on a weight. Perhaps they have worn a bit or the mechanism has dried out. I'm looking for smaller good quality set of scales for the little ones.

Good on you Muk, they sure are good at getting the little ones. :)

Aussiefarmer, I'll just keep using mine as is. It still detects and my season has started. I just have to keep my esky close. :party:

Cheers guys

Doug

Moneybox said:
PhaseTech said:
We get a few of these little ones. Mrs M has worked out that if she puts a bigger one on first, perhaps a 0.2g then the little one will give a reading.
We have the same scales as this but they jump around a bit before settling on a weight. Perhaps they have worn a bit or the mechanism has dried out. I'm looking for smaller good quality set of scales for the little ones.

Jaycar have some really small accurate scales, around $50 I think.

I would need Superman type of hearing to find something that small Muk and you have 2 of them :eek: Well done :Y:

Cheers SC75 pretty decent signal on both only about 1inch down cheers Muk.

Today's catch of the day at Durikai (Warwick) Qld.

About 50mm below the surface.
1489743338_fix.jpg

[Not sure why this photo changed orientation or how to fix that]

Running my SDC flat out...sensitivity 5 threshold max...get used to it after a while. Also got one tiny bit of bird shot. SDC gets the samll targets but shite I would like one at a gram or better..so far my Warwick QLD bits (4) have all been under 1 gram. Oh well...keeps me busy when I can get here.

Latest posts