SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the recent replies and kind words folks. Just finished some yard jobs and contemplating where to have a swing to round out the weekend.
Cheers, SinHof.
PS; Sandta, Whats this getting old????? don't know anything about that, can still swing the 3030 and or the 7000 all day with no issues;gotta love this metal detecting game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! helps keep you fit and young.

Hi Folks,
Not long back from a twelve day stint on the gold fields and took a break from chasing the yellow stuff to run the CTX3030 over some new areas where the old timer's had there camps. Several new locations were worth a closer look with the 3030 as the GPZ7000 would go crazy when the coil was anywhere near the ground.
A few interesting finds came to light including a cricket buckle face, a black powder tin and a tobacco tin which could have had some interesting contents but was empty and the bottom had rusted out. The spoon did not have any hallmarks and the other item is a bit of a mystery, it has a curved fork on one end and a threaded hole through the shaft with a rectangular cross piece above it, might have been part of some type of scale??????????????????????
Next trip out there some additional time will be required to fully explore more of these sights, this time it was hard to leave the gold to go chasing relics, did not think to take a picture of the finds but totalled 38.4 grams including a nice eight gram polished nugget.
Cheers, SinHof.
1533185022_20180802_142529.jpg

Sweet cricket buckle,they are very interesting for sure :)

Congratulations on your 1oz gold plus find also :party:

Nice :Y:

Sweet finds Paul :cool: well worth braving the cold.

I have made a vow that every time I find a tobacco tin I will grab the dirt around it to pan out. Am plagued by some should-have thought...and you just never know.

Thanks for the comments guys, it was a cool but rewarding trip; night temps got down to minus seven on one occasion, the camp fire each night was a good spot to be, but that said we had two night detects on the better nights.
Wally; tobacco tins are always a bit of a heart stopper as you never know what they may contain, no shortage of tales of goodies being found in old containers left by the old timers on the gold fields.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks Sandta, looking forward to spending more time out there ASAP, lots of ground/potential to swing over for relics as well as gold. It will be good to catch up if there is a local get-together down the track a bit. You have had some great finds of late, keep them coming.
Take care, SinHof.

Hi Goldpick and Caparobertsan,
I was not aware PA had a cricket buckle book topic going, must have missed it somewhere along the way. I've just re-photographed said buckle and posted it as you suggested, thanks for that. The three rings in one session is a pleasing result, least the better half thinks so.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts