SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice hunting again mate, will have to go for a drive today and see if any of the beaches around here look the same.

Looks like the rain may stop for a few hours hopefully.

Hi Guy's,
Thanks for the comments, have had a pretty good run so far over the last few days, conditions, wind rain may well shift more sand along the beach front, like Heatho mentioned, it may be worth going for a drive to see what is happening along the coast.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks Mackka, the sand is fairly light in colour, perhaps not quite as in the images; colour temperature not really on the money with the Samsung S5 phone; OK for quick grab shots while out detecting and a bit of a tweak in post to adjust lighting and colour PRN.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thats 'Newcastle' sand right there Maccka :p
Regarded as some of the best/finest sand in the world
Our sand is mined, not only for rutile and minerals
But also exported ...
... Hawaiian beaches are (i am pretty sure) 100% 'Newcastle' sand

Hi Kidbeey,
I think you are referring to the control box and battery cover on the CTX3030; said cover is a pup out of the GPZ7000 cover that the better and self designed and made a couple of years back. At the time there were/are some very well made covers for both machines, they have a similar foot print, the 3030 being a tad shorter than the 7000 due to battery dimensions. The aspect of the above mentioned covers that we did not like was that the various parts on the control box cover folded up rather than down, the problem with these designs is that they tend to catch dirt and sand etc and thus defeat the purpose of having a cover on the detector. Having convinced the better half to sew both covers, second time for the 3030, divorce loomed, hell hath has no fury compared to she who has to be obeyed when trying to put these covers together, will she make a third!!!!!! "NO WAY" she tells me.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Was great to get out of the house for a few hours to meet up with Dave and Rocket, only put in about an hour, been a bit crook this past week. Picked up a $2 goldie and a 1933 half penny, was good to see the boys doing so well with the PD's.
Thanks again for the invite Dave, when the weather clears up????????? we should try and get together again.
Cheers, SinHof.

Took a break yesterday arvo and had a swing with Dave L, managed a couple of hours between showers; picked up tuppence h'penny and a few decimal diesel dollars, pretty much had the place to ourselves, the rain cleared the area of other people, an enjoyable hunt.
Cheers, Sinhof.
1491180301_20170402_174817.jpg

Well found SinHof, on the trail towards silvers by the looks of things ! :Y: 8) :Y:

Thanks guys, Dave L's keenness has got me off my butt a couple of times in the last week and probably another hunt later this week. it's great to go for a hunt after a lay-off of some period. Really looking forward to my first gold hunt shortly, can't come soon enough, lost too much of last season for one reason or another, hopefully that's all behind me now and I can go into catch-up mode and check out some new real estate that research over the summer months has highlighted.
Cheers, SinHof.