Silver at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a drive to check out an old hall in the middle of the bush ,unfortunately it must have been a working bee day
as there were about 8 car loads of ppl doing work around it.
So went to another hall I have been to before and managed a few more silvers along with some spendables and BB's
1479635960_2_x_thrips_20th_nov_16.jpg

1479635979_20th_nov_16_rest.jpg

Then on the way home dropped in to an old cricket field,heaps of rubbish about,managed a 2c before wandering onto the pitch
to see if any of the players had dropped some change. Found my second brit penny though I really wish it was in better condition.
Looks like it had been hit by the mower as it was almost folded in half. Seeing as there was nothing to lose,I straightened it out
so I could check the date. I think it was a 1902 :(
1479636245_britt_penny_20th_nov_16.jpg

Well done :eek: :eek: :eek: it's an oldie 8)
Did it ring up at 42
It would have been in the 80-90's on my ATG
There's nothing like the first ring find

Well don ktmman, nice sterling ring, little ruby in there also, so there you go it's first ruby ring too. :) It should clean up pretty well with the citric acid/silver foil method, then a rub with bi-carb should get it nice and shiny.

Yabba dabba doooo !
Firsty ring a ding ding time.
Ain't it just the best feeling ever ,.... there's coins n all, but, a first ring is the best blast ever.
Great score ktmman !
:eek: 8) :cool: :p

Thanks guys.was certainly a good feeling , slowly getting through the list of firsts. Heading to Rainbow beach next week end. Maybe there is a gold ring in my future :)
I'm taking a leaf out of your book secret squirrels and running AM wherever I can.

Had the day off work,thought I may as well head out for a swing whilst it was a bit cloudy.
First stop was the hall I missed the other day,found $1.50 and this school badge.
1480065256_bundy_badge.jpg

1480066040_25th_spends.jpg

Then back to the other hall for a few more spendables and a half penny.
1480065339_1922_half_penny.jpg

Got a bit excited when cleaning,but no luckier than silver i'm afraid.
1480065411_1922_close.jpg

Thought I should have a better look at the old cricket field,found my oldest silver to date
1480065626_1902_thrip.jpg

Along with something a litle older.
1480065893_oldest_1861.jpg

1480065907_oldest_back.jpg

Overall,pretty happy with todays effort.

Nice little wow day ktmman ,.... nice looking old silvers, nice old penny too ,..... bugga on missing out by one year on the half penny.
Like the badge too, glue it on an old rum bottle to value add to it I recon !
:) + 2 cool.

Latest posts