Silicone Style Gold Pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm new here and thought here would be a great place to ask.
We have been looking unsuccessfully for a while, for a silicone style gold pan.
Our mate who is panning with us, saw these pans at a demo last year but cant remember the store name.
The pans are still a normal gold pan style however they seem to be made out of silicone like baking pans.
I am hoping someone may know what the proper name is or where we can buy them.
thanks
LadyLani

I have seen them before? They are real sticky! The people i saw using them didnt find much gold. They were under the assumption that gold will stick to it like a magnet? So they didnt use the proper panning technique nor method hence loosing there gold. Gold is very stubborn/sticky by nature if you follow the proper panning method you could use your hat to find gold....
A sticky pan wont let you learn how gold acts....its worth learning properly. ;)

Thanks for the insight,
The demo guys actually presented it to our mate as gold sticks to it.
Good to know they were just trying to increase sales.

If you buy a new pan wash it in hot soapy water first to remove manufacturing oils.. it will need to be rought up a little which will happen naturaly over time.
Gold will stick to rubber and silicone base materials better than smooth plastic. But learning to separate the different levels by using the weight is much more reliable.
Good luck all the best... ;)

Latest posts