Shay Gap Construction Camp

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am planing a trip up to Shay Gap WA.

I worked there during the construction of the township.

Does any one have the Location Co-Ords of the Camp?

Just need to tick a box.

regards

John

20'2949.97 S 120'10'05.19"E Lots of Donkeys and Camels there now, some good detecting areas back towards the old Goldsworthy town site aye look for the quarts patches near the main drag.

Russell,

Thanks, will look at this on the map, and thanks for the detecting tip.

Not sure that I would call the workers camels and donkeys! but I must admit there were some "stars" during the construction - only joking...

regards

John

I did my apprentiship with Bell Bros in the late 60s through to the early seventies, lived in Hedland seventys to ninetys spent many days and times around that area working, shooting and prospecting, had a contract to service gmls light vehicle fleet all sites for 6 years in the eighties was good times aye

Russel,

Remember Bell Bros were at the back of the Paraburdoo camp in 1971.

Only spent a few nights in Hedland before going to Shay Gap in 1972.

Ended up working in a Newman Line camp in 1973 before pulling the pin and going back to Uni.

Funny thing is after all those mining construction jobs I ended up being and engineer in the Oil & Gas industry on the underwater stuff!

Believe there is going to be a Shay Gap Wind Farm now also a new construction camp.

Regards

John

Latest posts