Selling gold - how, why, where

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, the time has come and I've landed in melbourne. I'm going to buy a camper van soon and I want to sell some of my gold rings to help with the costs. Does anyone have any reccomendations as to who has good rates close to spot in Melbourne? I also have some rings with stones set in them that may have a little more value than the gold alone. I have a designer ring I know is worth quite a bit also. Any help would be appreciated. I know I'll have to take a hit on the spot price but I'm looking to take the smallest possible obviously.

Looking forward to bumping into some of you guys and maybe going for a hunt together in the near future.

The type of rings that slip off peoples fingers into the ocean haha. Pretty mixed though, various karats, with stones/no stones, some with peoples names on them that would probably only be good for melt.

Not sure about Melbourne, but in Adelaide, Adelaide Exhange Jewellery offer the closest to spot on jewellery that we know of.
Good luck

227 Collins st Melbourne

2 different ones

One is 7th floor

Other is in 14th floor ?

Hi all I'll be in Ballarat tomorrow where's the best place to sell them 2 specys total gold weight is 33.7 gram cheers ladies and gents can't get pics to download can txt them

So got the 4*4
Got the camping gear
Got the Metal Detector
Got the maps
Went Bush for 3 weeks
Found gold

Next in the learning curve where/who do I sell it to?

What price to expect compared to Gold Price?

regards

John

Depends on the nugget(s) size, specimens, shape, ugly, scrap gold, etc...

On here, :Y:
Ebay, :/ watch for scammers
Gumtree, :Y: watch for scammers
P.W. Beck, :Y:
Perth Mint, :/
Laverton Post Office, :N: $35 a gram
Tourists in the local van park who didn't find any on his 8 week trip, :Y: :D
Neville Perry, :Y: spot - 15%
Places like Kalgoorlie have numerous gold buyers, :Y: generally spot - 15%

Many places you can exchange gold for goods...groceries, tyres, quads, mechanical repairs etc. :Y:

If you have an exceptional large multi ounce piece, as much as you might want to, don't flash it about on forums or youtube it. Keep your mouth shut. Some gold buyers will pay a premium or will act as a broker for you or put you in touch with a buyer who will pay a premium and they want that anonymity. They probably show their mates and tell them they found it.

Tuna is correct about not showing any photos of big nuggets on the net , there are buyer out there who will grab those type of bigger bits for a top price .

Like he said some want to make out they found them but others need to laundry cash !

Nice looking Multi Ounce nuggets are worth far more then spot price any-day ;)

Anyone know the name of this bit ?

1557664746_big_nugget.jpg

Outback said:
Tuna is correct about not showing any photos of big nuggets on the net , there are buyer out there who will grab those type of bigger bits for a top price .

Like he said some want to make out they found them but others need to laundry cash !

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1194/1557664746_big_nugget.jpg
Golden mushroom :bomb: I would call it

Outback said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1194/1557664746_big_nugget.jpg

ill take a stab,is that the bit locked up in nsw somewhere thats the only surviving piece from the early goldrush days,forget the name but it was found by chinese diggers out ophir or bathurst way?

Latest posts