SDC2300 Batteries and Chargers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen Minelab branded batteries for the SDC?
They usually come with a set of Powerizers or Tenergy Premium which can both be purchased separately through various Australian sources. I've used both brands & had no issue with either apart from the Powerizers needing tape due to the small positive contact nib.
Some Minelab dealers do sell spare sets but to be honest they would be cheaper from a source that sells batteries & related products anyway. There are Australian suppliers that sell them for very reasonable prices so no need to send your money to China although a lot of brands, including the Minelab supplied & other well known ones, are made in China. The difference is in the branded companies quality control coming out of there I guess?
Good quality rechargeable 4500-6500mah C cells aren't all that difficult to get hold of!

http://www.ozbatteries.com.au/nmcd_18.htm

http://www.urbanoutback.com.au/4-x-c-size-5000mah-tenergy-premium-1.2v-ni-mh-rech

Thanks for your input everyone but that's not the point I know I can get them at other places but since the originals are branded minelab I thought I would go with original equipment so no rattle issues because it may be of better quality and is Australian if it wasn't branded minelab OK but if l go to a minelab dealer he should be able to order minelab batteries it's only logical.
1476082313_imag0274-1600x900.jpg

Looks like they have changed their supplier let's hope the positive pole is a size that doesn't cause a temporary shut down.

I'm with you vstrom, bloody bad customer service if you ask me.

Well there's a first. Never seen them before - not that that means much.
They definitely aren't listed by Minelab as an accessory for the SDC but there are several other things listed. Maybe they haven't made it to that stage yet i.e. an accessory available for sale by dealers?
If they do make it to that stage you can be assured that they won't be Australian (made anyway) & you will pay a premium over generic branded batteries, that work just fine too, just for the Minelab logo being plastered on them :D

Bought at maryborough 4 weeks ago so no dodgy.hope I'm not the guinea pig?

Hi all I just got my SDC from minelab Adelaide and it came with the minelab batterys and I also just got my 6000mah from Phase Tech (Nenad ) which is a member on here at a good price to , havent tried them as I just got them

Roverrock said:
Hi all I just got my SDC from minelab Adelaide and it came with the minelab batterys and I also just got my 6000mah from Phase Tech (Nenad ) which is a member on here at a good price to , havent tried them as I just got them

Well that's confirmation enough for me, ML have changed their batteries. Time will tell if they got it right this time.

You learn something new every day!!!!!!

They have listened.........

If only I knew where I could buy some from hahahahaha.........

Vstrom, I would be keen to see a pic of the top of the battery to see terminal size.

For my SDC 3 cents of electrical tape was never a "real" concern for me.

Cheers

RS

Have never had the cutting off issue with the Phase Tech batteries ....................... and since purchasing have never used the original one's that came with the machine. Hardly rates a mention in any case as has been said it's no big deal to rectify either way ;)

Bogger said:
..cutting off issue..

I've never had this issue either, it was a bit of a worry prior to purchase (Feb or March of this year) though. I got the Powerizer batteries when I bought my 2300, so the ML batteries are a more recent change. I assume they're just ML branded but someone else is making them for them.

I have been running the batteries that Nenad [Phasetech] supplies [AccurPowwer 6000mAh] and I must say they rock. I have had them for over 12 months and have had no issues what so ever. They last longer then the stock Minelab Powerizer batteries and the SDC doesn't reset every time it is knocked. I also replaced the SDC battery charger as it charged the batteries to aggressively and made them hope, I actually settled on the AccuPower charger and the batteries do not get hot at all.

RGds

Tryhard

They probably will sell them. Just need to get the beta testing completed first. Don't forget to let them know if ya's have any dramas fellas or else they'll think the testing went ok. :lol:
I agree they're pretty slow getting accessories/spares out.

Howdy

Did a search but couldnt see anything on this in the last few years .

1. Expected no. Of hours out of supplied ML batteries please , a day ...?

2. Anyone using different brand ...?

3. Anyone using LIPO 18650s as there go to / main batteries

Thank you

1. New 5000mAH OEM about 7-8 hours if you are lucky (less when really cold)
2. Yes, 6000mAH from Nenad, a little longer obviously.
3. Yes, Many are and report 2-3 days use, but that's flattening them, which is not the way to look after any battery.

Regardless of battery type and capacity - Put them on 12V charge from the car when you drive out in the morning, again at lunch time and again on the way back to camp. You should be ok.

Also, always carry a spare set, the last thing you need is to get a target and run out of juice before you dig it :)

I get 5hrs per walk and still strong. But never left them charging on the charger once fully charged. Pull them out. Never leave them in. It will damage the cells. Ward69

I have two sets of the standard minelab batteries. I usually detect once a week from about 10 o'clock till 5 o'clock in the afternoon. Allowing for a few short breaks I would easily have the detector running for at least six hours each time out. The batteries usually last all day and at least half way into the next week's session before I change them. I take the batteries out when I get home but only charge them when the detector signals that they have insufficient charge to run the machine. I like the two battery sets as it means I get full run time out of each charge up. i.e. I am not charging half flat batteries. I am only charging if their charge is insufficient to run the detector and I always have a spare set of fully charged batteries. I have been using the SDC for nearly two years l am more than happy with the standard batteries. Lots of people complained that these batteries were unsatisfactory as they wobbled around and caused the detector to automatically switch off and restart. In many hours of detecting it has happened to me about four times if that. Easy fix, not tape, not cardboard sliders. If I just put the battery lid on straight and square I usually don't have a problem. The standard batteries more than meet my needs.

Cheers Bob.

Hi Bob

Im also quite happy with mine and get the same sort of Running time as yourself.
But regardless of how I put the battery lid on mine will turn off from time to time.
So I just put a bit of cardboard between the two.
Im guessing theres a bees dick in thickness in either the lid , sidewalls or something along them lines.
Anyway happy hunting Bob and keep swinging until she starts a Ringing..

Cheers mate :pickshovel:

Latest posts