Introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to PA Dr Mal,
You certainty live in one of the better places for your new hobby, gold prospecting. Looks like you have a couple of good machines for the job too.
We really look forward to hearing how you progress over the coming months. I would love to come down your way at some stage, perhaps next season. I’ll see how I go this year in QLD.
Cheers - Mr Tee

Another welcome. A lovely part of Victoria to live in. My daughter lives in Venus Bay across the inlet and love going down there to visit and for a meal at the Tarwin Lower Pub.
Gold has been found in South Gippsland notably in Foster and just north at Turtons creek. Just not sure about access to those areas now.
Probably your best way to get on the board would be to shout yourself some time in the Golden Triangle for a stay.
Good that you have started on some research with Geovic and Trilobite, but don’t forget the prospecting guides produced by John Tully and others. They are available cheaply for almost all the GT goldfields and can save a lot of research time and be a good companion out in the field.
The 2300 is a good machine to start with and won’t miss even small bits if you use it carefully. Gold prospecting is yours to enjoy thereafter.

G`day Hawkear. The Lower Tarwin Pub is awesome isn`t it. Especially out on the deck. I`m often down that way during the warmer weather.
I farm not far from Turtons and am hoping to visit there in coming months, although I don`t know the area all that well. Not like my son who grew up here and knows the Strezlecki hills better than Strezlecki himself. Dirt bikes do that to a young fella eh? Have you panned in Turtons creek yourself yet.
I met John Tully at Dunolly museum some years ago. More to do with family history than detecting but none the less while I was there I had a play around in the forest across the rail line. 22 shorts and shoeing nails was on the menu that day. Cheers Beaky

Latest posts