Scoops and pinpointers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if i could get your opinion on the best sand scoops and beach pinpointers, thanks

Plastic scoops are $2 from bunnings, just remined me I need a new 1 too. :) Best pinpointer for general use is probably the Minelab, mine has been through some hell and is still going stong.

Kirkn, http://goannagolddetectors.com.au have a long handled SS sand scoop that they have made localy. It is excellent quality and very robust. It is certainly equal to or better than many of the imported products. Cannot recall the price. Not sure where you are at, they are in the Hunter Valley, give them a call (02) 4938 7670 very friendly and helpfull.

Best pin pointer for gold prospecting or beach detecting
Hands down is the pulse induction vibra probe 580.

Its sensitivity and water proof features are awesome.

Vlf units are ok and best suited for parks in my opinion.

I own the 580 and another popular vlf pin pointer.

Wolfau said:
Best pin pointer for gold prospecting or beach detecting
Hands down is the pulse induction vibra probe 580.

Its sensitivity and water proof features are awesome.

Vlf units are ok and best suited for parks in my opinion.

I own the 580 and another popular vlf pin pointer.

Yep I have one of those vibra 580's as well and what I like is the fact that it will work in 30m of water and robust as well.

I own 2 scoops. 1 my brother made which is a fine piece of equipment and the other
imported.

Just one thing. The more holes the scoop has the more easy it is to sift the scoop in the water by
washing the scoop by moving up and down in the water otherwise you can get yourself a tyre tube
with a sieve attached to the inner tube then with the scoop you throw in the sand into the sieve
and wash this out this way.

In the old days we used scoops with not as many holes as there are today. The only reason was
that there were only a few of us doing this hence no products were available. Today you have
enough people sitting down and inventing better designs and product moves forward in innovation.

Good luck with it..

Latest posts