Scales to weigh your gold - advice please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
What i'm detecting at the moment is definitely sub gram Twapster, so i think i'll buy some sensitive scales first up and if and when i'm lucky enough to get something bigger i'll look at buying another set. I wouldn't mind being in a position where i need purchase another set to be weighing heavier than 30 grams in one nugget!

This was exactly my thinking as I was looking for something to measure the small SDC finds. Anything more than its range of 20g to .001g can be measured on the kitchen scales, or pay for another unit that copes with the high range finds.

So far no need to use the kitchen scales.

Rob.

Be nice wouldn't it? i can just see the look on my wife's face now when i ask where the bathroom scales are to weigh some MASSIVE nugget i've found with the 2300.

Hi all, can somebody tell me where I can buy the scales for weighing up gold please and how much they cost approximately, thanks in advance

grubstake said:

Should be able to weight the odd one on that :p

Hi, I am looking for a very precise scale to weight the gold, possibly 300gr/0.01, any particular brand do I have to look for, I have three already from China but they are good for nothing, any help will be appreciated. :)

Latest posts