say NO to the proposed Great Forest National Park

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greencheeks77 said:
SCROUNGER said:
greencheeks77 said:
NAPFA said:
What's going on?

This is a worthwhile venture for all fossickers. With more than 6,000 forum members this one ought to be hot in terms of discussion and posts but it slides away into never-again land in general chat.

If you want to improve the fossicking environment it is worth getting behind petitions like this. Someone had the gumption to get off their butt and create a petition that while not specifically about fossickers has the effect of protecting our prospecting options south of the border.

Whether you live in Vic or not, this is a matter of solidarity across borders.

Puzzled I am!

Stephen.
NAPFA President.

I think all 6000 members are just desktop prospectors and the remaining numbers well in my experience within this site they wont give any decent reaction unless you start revealing their locations lol and I would be pretty sure if you started to drop a couple of their spots where they call my spot you would be sure to get the reaction you had hoped for... I hate to say it but most wouldn't even get out of the bed for the cause and as Darren would say SHAME SHAME SHAME it is quite an embarrassment to call myself a gold prospector if this is the unity that we portray to the world old timers would be turning in their graves... :cool: cheers GC
Geez greencheeks, if that's the way you feel why do you bother being on this forum if you're so embarrassed by us.
For a start, take a closer look and see how many actual members are even active on this site when stating there are 6000 members.
Secondly you're not the great mesiah and prospectors saviour when it comes to dropping detecting spots and helping people from what i've read unless you classify throwing up a few old maps as such, or trying to sell pumps.
Thirdly i doubt you'd have a clue when it comes to knowing the personal circumstances of members here and what they will or won't get out of bed for.
And lastly, and most importantly, maybe, just maybe, others on here might not agree with the petition to stop this national park or have differing views!!!
You'll catch more flies with honey mate, maybe you should try it ;)
lol while we are the topic would anyone else like to share their thoughts about greencheeks lol..............

I reckon i know you from another forum - shared my thoughts there....

casper

Signed.
Hate the way national parks are run.
Look at Kakadu for example. Here is a national park you cant much in.
Feel sorry for tourists from interstate and overseas who travel here thinking about a true out back experience.
they are decked out in real bush savvy clothes, some have trickedup 4x4, s and off road campers.
Imagine their surprise when its bitumen all the way to the secret outback swimming hole, thats fenced off, a nice paved walking path for the 1.5km treck in, and grey hound buses in the car park! What an outback adventure!

It's amazing how fast the dozers get pushed in when the place is on fire! Great swathes of tracks pushed up and the big trees are felled just as fast as the smaller!

Well, they are starting to win down this way, several creeks currently undergoing fencing to block more access, maps showing the proposed next zones as well to restrict access to what were public or crown land, also even leases, now deeming helmeted honey eater habitat conservation zones, yet still to be 'maintained' by melboutne water.. :mad:

Latest posts