say NO to the proposed Great Forest National Park

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Locking up the land to flog off as wilderness carbon credits.
Then politicians super and salaries will go up.
Dirty bastards.

Another thing...if it is a proposed National Park...why is it only Victorian signatures count?

NAPFA said:
What's going on?

This is a worthwhile venture for all fossickers. With more than 6,000 forum members this one ought to be hot in terms of discussion and posts but it slides away into never-again land in general chat.

If you want to improve the fossicking environment it is worth getting behind petitions like this. Someone had the gumption to get off their butt and create a petition that while not specifically about fossickers has the effect of protecting our prospecting options south of the border.

Whether you live in Vic or not, this is a matter of solidarity across borders.

Puzzled I am!

Stephen.
NAPFA President.

I think all 6000 members are just desktop prospectors and the remaining numbers well in my experience within this site they wont give any decent reaction unless you start revealing their locations lol and I would be pretty sure if you started to drop a couple of their spots where they call my spot you would be sure to get the reaction you had hoped for... I hate to say it but most wouldn't even get out of the bed for the cause and as Darren would say SHAME SHAME SHAME it is quite an embarrassment to call myself a gold prospector if this is the unity that we portray to the world old timers would be turning in their graves... :cool: cheers GC

greencheeks77 said:
NAPFA said:
What's going on?

This is a worthwhile venture for all fossickers. With more than 6,000 forum members this one ought to be hot in terms of discussion and posts but it slides away into never-again land in general chat.

If you want to improve the fossicking environment it is worth getting behind petitions like this. Someone had the gumption to get off their butt and create a petition that while not specifically about fossickers has the effect of protecting our prospecting options south of the border.

Puzzled I am!

Stephen.
NAPFA President.

I think all 6000 members are just desktop prospectors and the remaining numbers well in my experience within this site they wont give any decent reaction unless you start revealing their locations lol and I would be pretty sure if you started to drop a couple of their spots where they call my spot you would be sure to get the reaction you had hoped for... I hate to say it but most wouldn't even get out of the bed for the cause and as Darren would say SHAME SHAME SHAME it is quite an embarrassment to call myself a gold prospector if this is the unity that we portray to the world old timers would be turning in their graves... :cool: cheers GC
Geez greencheeks, if that's the way you feel why do you bother being on this forum if you're so embarrassed by us.
For a start, take a closer look and see how many actual members are even active on this site when stating there are 6000 members.
Secondly you're not the great mesiah and prospectors saviour when it comes to dropping detecting spots and helping people from what i've read unless you classify throwing up a few old maps as such, or trying to sell pumps.
Thirdly i doubt you'd have a clue when it comes to knowing the personal circumstances of members here and what they will or won't get out of bed for.
And lastly, and most importantly, maybe, just maybe, others on here might not agree with the petition to stop this national park or have differing views!!!
You'll catch more flies with honey mate, maybe you should try it ;)

SCROUNGER said:
greencheeks77 said:
NAPFA said:
What's going on?

Puzzled I am!

Stephen.
NAPFA President.

Geez greencheeks, if that's the way you feel why do you bother being on this forum if you're so embarrassed by us.
For a start, take a closer look and see how many actual members are even active on this site when stating there are 6000 members.
Secondly you're not the great mesiah and prospectors saviour when it comes to dropping detecting spots and helping people from what i've read unless you classify throwing up a few old maps as such, or trying to sell pumps.
Thirdly i doubt you'd have a clue when it comes to knowing the personal circumstances of members here and what they will or won't get out of bed for.
And lastly, and most importantly, maybe, just maybe, others on here might not agree with the petition to stop this national park or have differing views!!!
You'll catch more flies with honey mate, maybe you should try it ;)
lol while we are the topic would anyone else like to share their thoughts about greencheeks lol..............

AtomRat said:
I got all members of our gem club to sign the petition and put it on facebook..ive spread the word to most i know. Even my mother whos a greeny i fooled into signing but then she realised..haha too late!
Good stuff too if you feel strongly enough about it Atom, but last time i looked it was a democracy and people have the right to make up their own mind what they do or don't support. There may be people on here who are in favour of this national park first and prospectors second and that's a legitimate view their entitled to hold without labelling them too lazy to care or whatever.

SCROUNGER said:
AtomRat said:
I got all members of our gem club to sign the petition and put it on facebook..ive spread the word to most i know. Even my mother whos a greeny i fooled into signing but then she realised..haha too late!
Good stuff too if you feel strongly enough about it Atom, but last time i looked it was a democracy and people have the right to make up their own mind what they do or don't support. There may be people on here who are in favour of this national park first and prospectors second and that's a legitimate view their entitled to hold without labelling them too lazy to care or whatever.
My post isn't having a go at you Atom, sorry if it reads that way. i applaud your efforts to get people involved with positive actions, not negative like others :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NAPFA said:
I signed this document on behalf of the 1000 members of the NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association who enjoy fossicking trips to Victoria.
Enough of excessive and recessive conservation that destroys the public's ability to enjoy the natural environment. Fossicking is an an extremely low impact activity that brings repeat visitors to Central Victoria and contributes to the local economy and the state economy. It is part of Victoria's heritage and needs to be facilitated not restricted. Enough is enough. Fossickers are the only endangered species in this picture. 4WD and camping access is essential to maintain understanding and mobility in this area.

I encourage all members of the forum to get behind the petition. Sure maybe the originator may have put somethings differently but at least the petition is up and running and highlight the deficiencies of the Greens. Be in there and be heard I say. Otherwise don't whinge when you lose your rights!

Stephen Dangaard,
President, NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc.
bump

I understand that scrounger. I should have said i put it by the members and the mojority have signed it. But if the national park plan goes through, we are no longer a club. It gets shut down.

Ive seen 4x4 damage..but the dozers that then come and dig trenches and holes to prevent 4x4 tracks is much worse and destructive. Entire roads have been closed off in the bush. In bunyip state forest over 85km of tracks now sealed and same thing happening here. Its hard enough as it is trying to access and find the history.

Im all for forest and plants and trees yaddah yaddah.. i do my bit there too and have my whole life. My parents saved trees around the towns for years until certain politicians sold things off privately and then it all got destroyed. Ive lived here my whole life and used the forest since i was a kid and it would ruin me to find out i cannot fish, walk, dig etc.

The logging has been pushing boundaries and taking sections from our mountains which then leave eyesores sometimes and i dont know how thier revegetation scheme works. Mostly for china export to then be sold back to us..

There is lots of forest here that no one touches. Lots. The upper yarra resevoir catchment area is as big as the whole valley itself and no one can enter this old mining settlement area no more. To me, imo, theres a lot of chemicals from past mining going straight to the yarra that will never be contained and the arsenic is in the ground as minerals regardless. This is melbournes drinking water.

I dunno mate. I feel it should be left the way it is because the space of what we only do have now is really pretty small and very limited dye to track closures. I have to walk 2-5km just to access a creek sometimes. If the national park plan goes through, i have no creeks at all and its very daunting on me. Id have to travel 2hours minimum to get to the goldfields..which are also being closed off.. :(

Well.. thats my say. Sure i could spit more but yeah. Whatever happens, happens hey.. and ive tryed my part for what i believe is my childrens true future.

No matter what gets done, you cannot control this ( below link ) unless you remove the entire population here and wait a million years or so..

edit - sorry.. removed link, but it showed the yarras total destruction and pollution / toxin lists. PM me if you want this link

NAPFA said:
I signed this document on behalf of the 1000 members of the NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association who enjoy fossicking trips to Victoria.
Enough of excessive and recessive conservation that destroys the public's ability to enjoy the natural environment. Fossicking is an an extremely low impact activity that brings repeat visitors to Central Victoria and contributes to the local economy and the state economy. It is part of Victoria's heritage and needs to be facilitated not restricted. Enough is enough. Fossickers are the only endangered species in this picture. 4WD and camping access is essential to maintain understanding and mobility in this area.

I encourage all members of the forum to get behind the petition. Sure maybe the originator may have put somethings differently but at least the petition is up and running and highlight the deficiencies of the Greens. Be in there and be heard I say. Otherwise don't whinge when you lose your rights!

Stephen Dangaard,
President, NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc.
Bump

AtomRat said:
I understand that scrounger. I should have said i put it by the members and the mojority have signed it. But if the national park plan goes through, we are no longer a club. It gets shut down.

Ive seen 4x4 damage..but the dozers that then come and dig trenches and holes to prevent 4x4 tracks is much worse and destructive. Entire roads have been closed off in the bush. In bunyip state forest over 85km of tracks now sealed and same thing happening here. Its hard enough as it is trying to access and find the history.

Im all for forest and plants and trees yaddah yaddah.. i do my bit there too and have my whole life. My parents saved trees around the towns for years until certain politicians sold things off privately and then it all got destroyed. Ive lived here my whole life and used the forest since i was a kid and it would ruin me to find out i cannot fish, walk, dig etc.

The logging has been pushing boundaries and taking sections from our mountains which then leave eyesores sometimes and i dont know how thier revegetation scheme works. Mostly for china export to then be sold back to us..

There is lots of forest here that no one touches. Lots. The upper yarra resevoir catchment area is as big as the whole valley itself and no one can enter this old mining settlement area no more. To me, imo, theres a lot of chemicals from past mining going straight to the yarra that will never be contained and the arsenic is in the ground as minerals regardless. This is melbournes drinking water.

I dunno mate. I feel it should be left the way it is because the space of what we only do have now is really pretty small and very limited dye to track closures. I have to walk 2-5km just to access a creek sometimes. If the national park plan goes through, i have no creeks at all and its very daunting on me. Id have to travel 2hours minimum to get to the goldfields..which are also being closed off.. :(

Well.. thats my say. Sure i could spit more but yeah. Whatever happens, happens hey.. and ive tryed my part for what i believe is my childrens true future.
You won't get an argument from me regards this park Atom. I personally feel this park is not necessary but if areas are of 'natural national significance or under serious threat from visitation' then by all means make a clear and rational case and shut those sections off if need be with consultation with the users, not the city greens and dogooders. The problem as i see it with many of these parks is that it just allows the states to wipe their hands of any responsibility regards controlling weeds and feral animals etc once a national park has been gazetted. It's cheaper to lock something up so people can't use it than manage it intelligently. We've all seen the way government authorities throw the onus of controlling weeds like blackberries onto farmers but do nothing themselves when these weeds are smothering vast areas within the parks that most people never see. They won't even take responsibility of wild dogs coming out of national parks and decimating farmers livestock so what hope is there for maintaining fire tracks etc.
I urge as many people as possible on this forum to sign this petition IF they feel a national park isn't in the best interests of them and the general public.

Exactly what you said SCROUNGER :)

Im also open to those with thier oppinion too. I did a presentation and meeting / tea with the Friends of Hodles Crk group to see what they are protecting. Was an interesting night ;)

greencheeks77 said:

I am confused as to how a "desktop prospector" would even have his spot.
Considering I am one of the 6000 members included in your post I take this as a personal attack and as such is uncalled for.
I am extremely critical of National Park , State Conservation Area lockups in gold bearing country.
In Vic...you get the chance to have a go in some National Parks...in NSW....they are all a No Go Zone.

Old timers did not do it for the love of mateship or unity...some would kill the guy next door if his spot was better. Greed or survival may describe it better.

To lump the entire forum in one basket like this is an unfair act on your behalf.
I have never been to the area proposed for the new NP...and probably never will....yet I have signed and commented on the petition in support of those that should have our great outdoors there to explore and have fun if they wish.
Shame, Shame shame is the words Derryn...not Darren would use...however it may be directed at your post.

greencheeks77 said:
QUOTE: Old timers did not do it for the love of mateship or unity...some would kill the guy next door if his spot was better. Greed or survival may describe it better.

I guess things haven't really changed have they if your judging by these links....

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14845

I dunno what your problem is and really I do not give a rats.
I do know if you want folks to follow your lead on something, insulting them is hardly the process I would follow.
Good onya for YOUR passion, but do not judge others passion on your opinions of them.
You have never met me, and yet you judge me.....there are plenty of folks on this forum I would like to meet....You are not on that list.

I call for a mod to step in and deliver an attitude adjustment.

Latest posts