Rules on prospecting in conservation park in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Can some point me in right direction on Victoria conservation parks Cant find it on any Vic Gov websites.

Thanks Mark

Pretty sure that the VEAC report hasn't been ratified yet & is still a recommendation?

At the moment it would appear that reserves in Victoria are independently managed by Committees of Management so it would depend on them whether prospecting is allowed.
The DELWP (Dept of Environment, Land, Water & Planning) oversees the management of all Vic Crown Land so you may need to talk to them about any reserves of interest.
To be honest outside of State Parks & the allowable National Parks I think any conservation or nature type reserves would be very doubtful.

https://www.forestsandreserves.vic.gov.au/land-management/managing-crown-land

Yes i think the reserve status is usually created to protect a certain habitat, and perceived threats are regulated out of them.
Prospecting is often considered potentially harmful by Organisations like VEAC etc. Though prospectors disagree, low impact
prospecting under terms of the Miners Right is low impact.

Looks more research. Trying to find more.

Found the birth place of Victoria gold fields and now theres a conservation park over it.

Latest posts