Rubbish

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give it another 10000 years and it will be called a sacred site indicating a gathering of men-folk participating in some bizarre ritual called camping. The bottles will probably be glamorised as a ritual offering.

Just cleaning up a >100yo camp site that has a similar but more widespread impact :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: have we progressed at all ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had a chuckle at the feeble attempt at covering the pile with sticks......and then a chair,its green so that should help hide the mess
1482487760_5e46548b3bd6.jpg

To me it looks like a some one livening near by has dumped the rubbish there some time ago and some one detecting there has found a bit of gold and raked it to see if there is any more there that's why the sticks are in the pile of rubbish still not a good look a gold hunter will get the blame for it.

I once met a bloke on a gold field who I became mates with, before I left, I buried a sinker in a clip lock bag with my phone number and a note in it on a patch he was working.

He sent me a text message a few days later!

It was pretty deep!

We still stay in touch through Facebook, hope to cross paths again next year in WA.

It's a shame.

Some of the worse rubbish left by prospectors and unfilled holes I've seen has been by members on various forums I'm afraid. And some of them are the first to chime in about rubbish and unfilled holes :|