Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was an awesome launch and recovery of the 3 boosters. A shame the high seas toppled the centre core and all but destroyed it. Still they have the engines to study and see the affects of the fastest, most down range F9 core ever launch so should get some good data from it.

Also an Electron launch tomorrow. A good day to be flying in space.

1556877094_starwars.jpg

Two launches today. Electron at 4 pm and Falcon 9 at 4.48.
The F9 booster will land on OCISLY only a few kays off shore. Normally it would land at LZ 1 but it is still closed following the capsule exploding. From what I have seen it seems there was a leak somewhere. Filled an empty space with fuel which then exploded.

1556931381_screenshot_20190504-105411_next_spaceflight.jpg

Rocket Lab's Electron launch has been put back by 24 hours to conduct additional payload checks. The next launch opportunity is no earlier than 06:00 UTC 18:00 NZT, Sunday 5 May.

1556949208_electron_ready.jpg

Im back :koala: after a massive argument with my internet provider. :mad: .. All sorted now and I have missed so much in the last 2 weeks.... So much to catch up on I think I will need to stay up all night... While im up I will be looking for the Meteorite Shower that starts around 3am tomorrow for the next 3 days... The best viewing is in the southern Hemisphere on this one... About time and with a clear perfect sky up here, should be a spectacle...

Any news on the Crew Dragon Explosion Ramjet? ........ Have they identified the cause yet ?

LW....

G'day LW. Not a lot of news on the Anomaly. The capsule did indeed explode as on the video. There have been a couple of statements from Spacex and NASA but only confirming what we already assumed. They fire the dracos and all went well but as they prepared to fire the Super Dracos things went south. They do not suspect the Super Dracos as they have been tested over 600 times including the hover tests and pad abort test.

It seems that a leak occurred, maybe in a valve or something. This allowed some fuel to fill a void. Maybe the capsule itself. This then exploded. That's about all I know.

NASA state they have full confidence in Spacex which is great to hear and hopefully this incident will not lead to lengthy delays in the program.

Statements by NASA ans Spacex....

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/s6a9Ct9O_nY[/video]

Thanks for the update Ramjet, I hate having no internet.. Even on my phone I have no net and couldn't see/hear/watch a thing... I think I will need to change providers, after 30yrs with Optus im over it...

One theory I herd before I dropped out is perhaps salt water got in somewhere and caused a bit of corrosion... Anyhow glad the 'Powers to be' still have faith... Up and away We go....

Oh, and May the 4th be with you... :p

LW...

Everyday Astronaut is live with the Starlink launch. Launch is running half hour late so should be 1 pm. This is the 60 satellites from Spacex. The beginning of world wide,fast internet. UP a dozen of these launches. Third launch for this booster and the 1st time they have used recovered fairings.
This is the heaviest payload yet for a Falcon 9 and the furthest downrange landing for a booster.
It is also the most complicated launch with the upper stage re lighting numerous times to place all these satellites in the correct orbit. Though they are very small they can maneuver and even avoid other objects.

https://youtu.be/dTg9qAjSljc

1557973252_the-future-of-the-internet.jpg

OH. As well as the Star hopper, which should hope again very soon, untethered. Spacex is building not 1 but TWO orbital Starships. One in Boca Chica, Texas and another in California. Apparently its6 a bit of a race between the 2 teams.

Latest posts