ROAD TRIP

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I've sold everything and thrown in my job. Going to travel around for a few years and enjoy life a bit more. I'm picking up my first detector tomorrow. I've never used one before. So it'll be a steep learning curve. But I figure I have the time and it may help to pay for fuel as I go, or a bag of chips. Any tips on how to use a gpx 4500 would be appreciated. And of any great free campsites! Sharon.

Thanks i will. I picked up my detector today. I have a bit pf reading to do! It's very noisy.
Lucky for me my dogs are happy to go. No complaints yet.
We're in the flinders ranges for a few days.

Good luck - believe it or not, I've done the same. Given up my job here and moving out there next year to enjoy being less attached for awhile. I'll be working while I'm there though....got to get coffee money....but will hopefully hook up with good people to travel and prospect. all the best to you :)

Shaz, don't bother trying your detector in suburbia. Make sure you're well away from power lines (and any electrical noise source), radio towers, wire fences, metal pipes etc before experimenting with settings, otherwise you'll be wasting your time.

It must be catchy coming2town. I wish you luck. I'll be looking for some work at some stage.i won't be able to do this forever.

Diggerman I'm heading north to get out of the cold and you're heading into it! Good luck in your adventure.

Thanks BigWave. I think that is what my problem is. I need a quiet area to get used to the normal sound. There's a lot of trash out here. It's near an old rail line. I'll just do some reading.

Welcome to PA Shaz can't help you with the 4500 but there's plenty of info and people willing to help you. Sounds like a great plan you have :Y: all the best safe travels and keep us informed.

Latest posts