Reedy creek gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I went out to reedy creek last weekend and spent 2 days out there and ended up with just under 0.1 of a gram I just want to know if anyone has done much better out there ?
Cheers guys ?

You should do lot better than that. Usually we get at least a 1-2 grams for 2 days. That is if we dig instead of drinking cans. :)
I was there few weeks ago and we only managed to dig in a dry channel. The water was too high. We did not do very well either.

1-2 grams for 2 day I have been going there for a year and only have 0.8 grams? I must be doing something wrong ?

Yeah mate there's not a lot you could have done at this time of the year with the water so high atm. But yeah, with the HB you'd want a little more than that. Ive never got 1-2g from 2 days myself though. As Beagleboy says, thats if your feeding for most of the time. I usually get distracted and just take it easy. But yeah, test panning is the key to Reedy Creek (as if that's not the case everywhere else lol). Because there is gold everywhere up there it's easy to get an okay pan and say, yep time to set up. But to get the better numbers you want to wait until you really do find a good spot. It's been hit hard all over that area, but good pockets are still around.

Hey pot of gold ( digging for gold ) it's jamie :)
Yeah I just thought I would ask and see what people were getting for 2 days I would be stoked with .5 grams a day :eek:

Oh hello Jamie :)

The most I've personally got from running the HB up there is just under a gram from a couple of days. That was a while ago as I havent been running the HB much of late. But yeah when I do I usually don't feed it all day (distractions and being lazy lol), and then probably clean out to often...so it all eats I to feeding time and total gold.

Make sure your HB isn't losing gold out the back!

All depends on what you are using, but maybe finetuning it a little will help.

Just wondering what other peoples experience is up there in terms of where the gold is at Reedy Creek. Personally, I've found that the best concentrations are always in the gray coloured gravel usually with a dense clay layer underneath, as opposed to the yellow/orange/tan coloured gravels that abound up there. These days I usually won't test pan until I find that kind of material. Anyone else noticed this? Or do I have it wrong?

x 2 on that gold may be washing out the end of your banker... :/
DropBear said:
Make sure your HB isn't losing gold out the back!

All depends on what you are using, but maybe finetuning it a little will help.

Maybe it its but I never seem to get any in the pans I run underneath it or if you see my latest video I was running my Le-trap river sluice behind the banker and the only gold I got after the high bankers mat was extremely fine gold I'm not very good at picking spots for highbanking either :| so I might actually be getting most of the gold and there be not much in the areas I'm digging ?
I have done a lot of crevicing up there and got 0.1 of a gram in 3 hours that why I wanted to ask ? :)

YouTube channel is ( Jamie.deuchar)

Eldorado is all about production volume. The more dirt you move, the more reward. We dig big holes to get 1-2 grams.
Below photo is for 2 days high banking.

1467359803_img_0378.jpeg

This is what a mate of mine got in 1 week. About 7 or 8 grams I think. That was last summer and he did it on his own.

1467359963_img_1287.jpeg

PotOfGold said:
Just wondering what other peoples experience is up there in terms of where the gold is at Reedy Creek. Personally, I've found that the best concentrations are always in the gray coloured gravel usually with a dense clay layer underneath, as opposed to the yellow/orange/tan coloured gravels that abound up there. These days I usually won't test pan until I find that kind of material. Anyone else noticed this? Or do I have it wrong?

Its all flood gold up there. You can dig in to a gravel bar in the middle of the creek and you will get gold if you move enough material.
Lot of people do well just crevassing with yabbie pump. One of my mates even found 0.3 gram nugget in a crevasse. Very rare.

PotOfGold said:

BTW I just watched some of your videos. Good job mate, keep them coming. :)

Wow I have never seen that much gold come out of reedy !!!!
The best I have done was 0.2 grams crevicing and sluicing the cons :eek:

I normally aim at a gram a day with the banker. I generally dig with a mate and split the proceeds. The last few trips have all been 2g - 2.5g days so after splitting it down the middle both my mate and I still clear a gram each.

My less productive days are when I'm testing or set up the gear in a new spot that doesn't run very well for very long. Best gold is down deep if you can find it.

Ok so I weighed the gold on proper scales came in with 0.17 grams for those 2 days ? :)

Latest posts