Really need help,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey,

Very new.

I have read the forums watched the videos and finally got out in the field this weekend.

Whilst finding gold I can do - I am absolutely hopeless at finding any type of gems. I have read and watched as much as I can but as they say that's all just academic. No one I know likes my hobby and that's the main reason I joined the forum.

I am willing to devote time and hard work to improve.

Can anyone give advice on how I can improve my field knowledge so I can join in?

Your welcome to come with me next time I go to grabben gullen as I go a lot with Terry (Richo) on this forum and he taught me the ropes.
About a 2 1/2 drive from sydney down the highway.
I have come home with stones every time, not always the biggest but its all in good fun.
I have no clue with a pan, so I would swap you for some panning and gold tips.
Probably go back in about 3-4 weeks.
Dan

Dan,

That sounds great i just want to come back with something.

My last trip i found gold but i was looking for gems!

Do you go to the main spot near the bridge in grabben? - I hear heaps about that place.

i will look forward to it - i cant do the weekend on the 3rd though.

Keep me posted!

Jukebox said:
Dan,

That sounds great i just want to come back with something.

My last trip i found gold but i was looking for gems!

Do you go to the main spot near the bridge in grabben? - I hear heaps about that place.

i will look forward to it - i cant do the weekend on the 3rd though.

Keep me posted!

No worries mate. Terry might jump on here sooner and be going out that way before me and offer as he taught me the basics and he is a great guy.
There are plenty of people who will help you out also. Great bunch of people on here.
WIll keep you in the loop.
You available during the week fridays?? or only weekend??

Dan

One a month a get a friday off from work as flex.

So I can make fridays work once a month :)

Same with me I get one day RDO a month.
Going on a friday means you get a quite piece of river not clogged with clowns or weekend warriors.
I will PM you in a couple of weeks for a friday...??
Sound ok

Dan

Yeh sounds good mate,

Keep me posted 100% Keen as to get out there!

Speaking of which work moved stuff around today so I have Friday the 1st of August off work.

PM if that date could suit?

Jukey

Latest posts