Re-designing your life plans.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You learn whats important in life when adversity strikes, so its good to have the support of all your friends here on the forum to share a little of the burden. You and your brave wife have all ourhopes and prayers for the future
Jim

You know, it's true what people say. My Mum, God Bless Her Soul, always told me " school days are the best days of your life ", you know, I reckon she was right ( as Mum is always), because I would still be very young and no complaints :p .
Seriously, I attend more funerals these days than Birthday parties.
Volvo, so I am told, years ago paid their young cadets the salary they would earn when they turned 35 when they only 20. The idea behind this was that young people that wanted to travel could, those that wanted to buy a home could, those that wanted children could.
As they got older, their salaries decreased but that didn't matter because they didn't need higher salaries to meet their needs.
I am always reminded of Maslow's Triangle!
Always in my prayers Manpa.
Mackka
God Bless

Totally agree Mackka, I often said to my kids, school are the best days of your life, you are generally in prime health, you have no financial commitments, a minimum 10 -12 annual leave and you are fed and clothed.
Strangely enough all three agree with those sentiments now.

To you and all the other respondents, thanks for all your kind words and wishes, we will get through this and enjoy our lives whilst we can, this will not cure Lorraine but it will give her the ability to function more normally.

There are so many cruel neurological diseases, non of which have cures but I am sure in the future the brilliant doctors, scientist etc will prevail. They do wonderful work and I am deeply indebted to them. :) :) :)

My Brother in law was due to retire in Jan next year with a VERY healthy Super... Put every cent spare into Super, all for the Big Day... My Sister, the same... They had a goal, to Retire Wealthy and Travel Healthy...
18 months ago, he fell over Drunk and pulled a muscle in his leg, Didn't say much and just put up with it until 10 months ago, decided to go see a Dr...

Dr says, Mmmm a few more tests needed before I say 'pulled Leg Muscle'.... After a barrage of Tests... Diagnosis = Motor Neurones...

His Funeral is Tomorrow...

There are No Rules in Life and Life has No Rules....
Live it the best We can, Cause there might be that Bus , Waiting around the Corner, Waiting, just for You or Somebody you know, to cross the Road.... O:)

LW..... :brokenh:

Manpa and wife.

I really wish you all the best. I am sure the operation will be successful. I have a colleque who volunteered for Parkinson's NSW. She was a Rn until 75. She now helps me with all my health issues. You are so brave to put it out there. I admire you for having the courage to do this. All the best mate. Please let us all know how it goes. You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend.

We saw the brain surgeon today, provisional date of the 4th July for DBS surgery, got one hurdle to get over, Lorraine has an ulcer on a toe which is taking forever to heal, DBS won't happen if not all healed.
We see the vascular surgeon on Thursday and I wouldn't mind betting the toe will come off shortly afterwards giving plenty of time to heal before July.
Little steps. :) :) :)

Wish you and your wife all the best in what must truly be a very trying time for you both.

Stay positive mate. I know it's easy for me to say and for members to read and say Yeah, however, it's the only way forward.
Best Wishes to you and Lorraine.
Mackka

Hi Mackka, yep, we are staying positive, this just another step in the journey. It gets closer everyday, this has been a long journey, so as things now progress at a more rapid rate we are feeling re -invigorated and doing everything possible to reach a positive conclusion.

Who needs toes anyway, all they do is stop your feet from fraying! :D

Things are starting to gain momentum, spoke with the vascular surgeon this morning and the pesky toe will be coming off in the next two weeks giving plenty of time to heal.
Confirmed today with the neurosurgeons that we are booked in for the 25th of July for the deep brain stimulation, a week recovering in hospital and a few months tweaking the stimulator and life will take a turn for the better. Once that is settled, replace the right knee and there will be no holding her back.
I took the camper for a trial tow against the new 2nd hand vehicle yesterday only too find her almost in tears when I got home, she was sad that we aren't already travelling. A few steps to go! : :) :) :)

Gees mate thats a bit of a tear jerker. I really hope things do start to turn around. Its a bugga when you get thrown a curve ball in life. There really is an adjustment period. All the very best to you both. Praying for a great outcome. Regards Rick

Jaros said:
I hope things get a bit better for you and your wife. Do you use microfibre cloth to wipe the cars tears?

When I read that again I see what you mean, preference would be chamois over microfibre
Things are definitely looking a little brighter thanks, how are you getting on with your spinal stimulator plans?
Cheers

Well that pesky toe is no more, it ceases to be. Removed yesterday, the wound was down to the bone and they could not risk the infection breaching the bone. Couple of days in hospital, hopefully it will heal nicely and we move forward to the brain surgery on the 25th July.
Eight weeks will fly. (Please)
Cheers

Latest posts