Ramjet's videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue metal works well.

I found the same with sand or shell grit... The coins rub, but are still discoloured.

You have to use fresh blue metal as it does dull over time :)

Thinking of sticking a bucket with lid, in the cloths dryer, and running it on cool cycle. RJ thinks that I will burn the house down :lol:

Hi Ramjet,
good idea to clean bulk coins.
To get rid of the corrosion use a few teaspoons of salt and 1/2 cup of vinegar in about a 1/2 cup of water.
Separate the nickle, copper and gold coloured coins and place them in separate containers over night. Some nickle and copper may need longer, goldies may take less time.
Also works on old silver coins for the grime and green oxide but won't remove the black sulphide, you need a "silver dip" solution for that but some collectors advise against messing with the patina on the silver coins.

Out at the old home town for a family thing. Got out for a short hunt this morning before the heat kicked in. I asked a local police officer if i could detect inside the courthouse yard and he said "No worries". I was rewarded with some copper coins, a 1960 shilling and 1942 sixpence.
My uncles have land they grow wheat on and have told me there are 2 old homesteads out there. Awesome.

1456622923_bcp_03505h.jpg

1456622946_img_201602284735.jpg
1456622967_img_2016022814230.jpg

1456622994_img_2016022824589.jpg

Awsome score RJ,... into the 92.5% silver as well,.... Nice to have Uncles with old sites on their places too,... nothing like a nice homecoming hunt on home soil too. ;) :D

Heatho said:
Nice work mate. Pretty cool the Police Officer had no probs with you detecting there. Great old photo too.

Yeah he was cool. Interested in what i was doing.

Went to one of the properties to check on some stock. So i had a quick swing around were one of the houses stood. Lots of trash from when it burnt down. It needs a full day or more to cover it. Just a couple of relics.
Anyone know what the top item is? Hint... its pretty rural. :D
Thete are 7 old trucks ( really old like 1940s), 3 old hit n miss engines and tons of cool old relics on the place. Scored a few plough discs to make picks from.

1456642992_20160228_155850.jpg

Ramjet said:
Heatho said:
Nice work mate. Pretty cool the Police Officer had no probs with you detecting there. Great old photo too.

Yeah he was cool. Interested in what i was doing.

Went to one of the properties to check on some stock. So i had a quick swing around were one of the houses stood. Lots of trash from when it burnt down. It needs a full day or more to cover it. Just a couple of relics.
Anyone know what the top item is? Hint... its pretty rural. :D
Thete are 7 old trucks ( really old like 1940s), 3 old hit n miss engines and tons of cool old relics on the place. Scored a few plough discs to make picks from.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1456642992_20160228_155850.jpg

Drenching gun, looks like the size used for sheep.

Rob

Latest posts