Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tucker money, and an old car too,... I bet you thought there was going to be real gold on that old badge at first glimpse !

Glad I havent found any. Druggies seem to snort it, or swallow these days.....baggies everywhere in local parks.

Hero Detectorist risks life to save others. stop. by disposing of most dangerous syringe found in kiddies park. stop. all children now safe. stop.

Tomorrows headlines should read like that.

It would be more like.

METAL DETECTORISTS VANDALIZE LOCAL PARK IN SEARCH OF THE MYTHICAL FLORIN.

1430822648_img_70280224725925.jpeg

You guys are supposed to keep the dirt next to the hole for a cleaner backfill.

Last night's hunt had it's highs and lows. I started out at a new spot that I thought would be full of goodies. It was the cleanest place I have ever swung a coil, just nothing there at all. After half an hour I had 3 bottle tops and 2 cents. So I moved on to another place.
Here I found what is probably one of the coolest finds I've ever detected and I scratched it 8.( A WW2 RAAF hat badge. I knew it was something a bit special when I saw the crown on top.. Thought I found my first gold ring which after cleaning turned out to be a plumbing fitting :lol: Not long after I got a silver ring. When I got home and cleaned it... a junker.
I'm still getting small coin spills with last night's being the sixpence and 3 x 2 cent pieces together. When I was a kid we used to occasionally get a sixpence in change instead of 5 cents. I assume that this is how these 4 coins came to be together. Another bowling club badge as well.
Overall not a bad night. Just annoyed with myself for scratching the badge.
1430953099_img_2015050728361.jpg

1430953124_img_2015050714443.jpg

I found a Queen Victoria Sixpence with a 1c piece stacked together once, and my niece gave me a florin that she got in change about 2 years ago,... so even now it's not impossible to find silvers in your change from the shops, of course it depends which side of the counter you are on as to weather you will get one or not(most probably).
Nice dowling badge and that RAAF hat badge with the grand canyon scored across the front of it would have been a bit of a heart starter find at the time,... lucky it wasn't a florin though,... with a scratch like that it would have affected its melt value(ha).

Sweet find RJ ... thats an awesome badge and thats another item added to my wishlist

A florin in some recent change :)
I guess that could be another chance for Rocket :lol: but then again... Not detected wouldnt count :lol:
About 10 years ago, i got round 50c in my change as a 20c . In fact i got 3 in the space of a week :D fair dinkum

Sandta said:
Sweet find RJ ... thats an awesome badge and thats another item added to my wishlist

A florin in some recent change :)
I guess that could be another chance for Rocket :lol: but then again... Not detected wouldnt count :lol:
About 10 years ago, i got round 50c in my change as a 20c . In fact i got 3 in the space of a week :D fair dinkum

What a score,.. at least you had your eye in Sandta(luckily).

Its a sweet find, doubt you would ever sell it, so the gouge hasnt effected its value :)

rocketaroo said:
Its a sweet find, doubt you would ever sell it, so the gouge hasnt effected its value :)

A great way of looking at it Rocket. Thanks. A quick look online and they sell from about $40 - $65.
It doesn't show in the pic but it's a bit bent, which I didn't do.
As you said I won't sell it.