Ramjet's detector finds for 2017. . XP Deus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just walked down to one of my relic spots for a quick swing. Grass was too long and this spot has been flogged. I do like the white jar.

1492765526_20170420_164821.jpg

Rod, you may think that spot is flogged, should try a small coil and see how you go - you may well be surprised. ;)

I keep going back GP. Always find a couple of interesting pieces. Rather than different coils I use different detectors. :D Maybe I will dust off the At Pro as I have a sniper oil for it. Thought I think the Deus is a better option with it's quickrecovery.
Still a lot of trash in there but so close to home. With so much trash there will be more treasure. I guess it's never cleaned out until I remove every piece of metal I detect.

It aint flogged when you can slip down there and pull a couple of big targets from tall grass, your kidding yourself RJ, and maybe letting the mind slip from tight focus because of it too ,..... dig in mate ! :Y:

Some interesting finds there RJ. I can't quite put my finger on the spiral auger bit but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
The one to the left is a drift, probably brass, you can see the mushroomed ends from being hit.

Daggy said:
Some interesting finds there RJ. I can't quite put my finger on the spiral auger bit but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
The one to the left is a drift, probably brass, you can see the mushroomed ends from being hit.

The spiral things used to get me too.... The pointy end of a beach umbrella, have heaps of them. Yes the brass drift had seen plenty of work before being lost.

Daggy said:
Big Beach Umbrella base Daggy. :Y:
Gee I'm slow today hey ! :rolleyes:

I can't quite put my finger on the spiral auger bit but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
Looks like the base off a large outdoor umbrella that screws into the ground. Or maby the screw bit from the game that has a ball on a string and hets hit back and forth, cant think of the name.

LORD said:
I can't quite put my finger on the spiral auger bit but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
Looks like the base off a large outdoor umbrella that screws into the ground. Or maby the screw bit from the game that has a ball on a string and hets hit back and forth, cant think of the name.

Yes it would be the base from a beach umbrella. I have dozens of them.

Daggy said:
Hey Daggy,what is a drift?

Latest posts