Ramjet's detector finds for 2017. . XP Deus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to test drive the MI-6 after work. Drove over an hour to an old oval a mate told me about. Unfortunately it is now private property with KEEP OUT signs. 8.(
So I drove towards home and stopped at a site I have been over several times but going by what I got today, there will be plenty more in there. It's amazing what you can find with more experience and knowledge. I hadn't been to this site in well over a year as in my naivety I believed I had cleaned it out.

Maybe about 90 minutes, only a short hunt but the MI-6 impressed me. I paired it with my remote with no drama and it switches the coil off when you turn it on. I really like hearing it through the headphones. Some targets it could not detect from the surface so I just turned up the sensitivity a bit via the Deus remote and bingo, target acquired. It has 50 points of sensitivity when used with the Deus.

1494897523_20170516_104944.jpg

1494897523_20170516_105003.jpg

1494897523_20170516_105010.jpg

Awesome, I want one - wait a minute, already got one! ;)

Had a couple of weeks using it now, a nicely made and engineered product. I think you and rocket will really enjoy using it - makes the Deus feel more "complete" as a total package.

Pity about the oval, I would have really looked forward to detecting such a site, especially if relatively undetected. Still did good at the alternate option. :)

Goldpick said:
Awesome, I want one - wait a minute, already got one! ;)

Had a couple of weeks using it now, a nicely made and engineered product. I think you and rocket will really enjoy using it - makes the Deus feel more "complete" as a total package.

Pity about the oval, I would have really looked forward to detecting such a site, especially if relatively undetected. Still did good at the alternate option. :)

It certainly is a fair leap ahead in the in pointer realm. Seamlessly integrates with the Deus and as you say makes it a complete detecting system. A lesson for other brands. I look forward using it more. The oval.... Have to work on getting permission for that site. I believe it will be a good one.

Ramjet said:
Just had to test drive the MI-6 after work. Drove over an hour to an old oval a mate told me about. Unfortunately it is now private property with KEEP OUT signs. 8.(
So I drove towards home and stopped at a site I have been over several times but going by what I got today, there will be plenty more in there. It's amazing what you can find with more experience and knowledge. I hadn't been to this site in well over a year as in my naivety I believed I had cleaned it out.

Maybe about 90 minutes, only a short hunt but the MI-6 impressed me. I paired it with my remote with no drama and it switches the coil off when you turn it on. I really like hearing it through the headphones. Some targets it could not detect from the surface so I just turned up the sensitivity a bit via the Deus remote and bingo, target acquired. It has 50 points of sensitivity when used with the Deus.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1494897523_20170516_104944.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1494897523_20170516_105003.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1494897523_20170516_105010.jpg
Agggggg MI-6 looks already very old......Nice finds though! Do you have it as Deus sound or beep?

Now I am really wanting Deus kit and MI-6 even just have them as back up for GO FIND 60! 8)

Wet soil... what can ya do? I have only had the one short hunt using the MI-6. I had it set on Pitch which as the name suggests, changes pitch as you get closer to the target. I think I prefer this over the beep beep mode. Time will tell. I have made an attempt to protect the tip of the probes from wear n tear as I have seen several peopl wear a hole in the Garrett pin pointers.
1494987914_20170517_111040.jpg

1494987914_20170517_113929.jpg

My Garrett pro-pointer be getting close to wearing thin ,..... thought it died yesterday, but, it came back with a vengeance on the good side. :Y:

silver said:
My Garrett pro-pointer be getting close to wearing thin ,..... thought it died yesterday, but, it came back with a vengeance on the good side. :Y:

My carrot randomly plays up. Falsing and carrying on. Usually turn it off n back on resets it.

This one was lights on but nobody home, then slow only vibration, that was when I thought it was gunna die, but, then it was all better later on ,.... thinking of applying araldite to the tip area, either that or a pared down chair leg stopper ,... not breached at all yet, but I recon I must be driving close to the edge for sure.
During all this I noticed an absence of an o-ring too. :eek: :D

silver said:
This one was lights on but nobody home, then slow only vibration, that was when I thought it was gunna die, but, then it was all better later on ,.... thinking of applying araldite to the tip area, either that or a pared down chair leg stopper ,... not breached at all yet, but I recon I must be driving close to the edge for sure.
During all this I noticed an absence of an o-ring too. :eek: :D

these are thinner than chair leg stoppers....

1494985939_20170517_115043.jpg

Ramjet said:
Wet soil... what can ya do? I have only had the one short hunt using the MI-6. I had it set on Pitch which as the name suggests, changes pitch as you get closer to the target. I think I prefer this over the beep beep mode. Time will tell. I have made an attempt to protect the tip of the probes from wear n tear as I have seen several peopl wear a hole in the Garrett pin pointers.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1494987914_20170517_111040.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1494987914_20170517_113929.jpg

Heat shrink is a good idea! But Xp should have supplied a couple of caps with mI-6. I use Makro Pointer but I soon realized that they are no so well thought because speaker is on the back. When I try to locate my hand is covering the hope and I cannot hear the beep. I used to use vibe mode but battery runs out quickly! :N: :N: :N:

Latest posts