Raking a pending lease ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to use a rake on a pending lease, to move all the rocks on the surface, because I am on a very good looking ground where I found some nuggets yesterday but they were very small and very difficult to hear, so by doing that it would be much easier to clean the patch :)

Cheers

In WA if you have a Miners Right and have permission to be on the pastoral lease from the owner (if it's a pastoral lease) If crown land no permission required, you can rake.

Just be certain it's not pending over a live lease or an SPL.(Special Prospecting Lease)

Many people just see blue leases on Tengraph and believe they are go to go. You still need permission from the primary land user.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answers, no it is not my lease, I checked before going here on Tengraph and it isn't over another lease, it was just blue, but yesterday when I was detecting, a guy came to ask me what I was doing and if I knew where I was, I told him that It is a pending lease but he told me that I have to let the station's owner know that I wanted to go on his land.
I actually didn't know that, I thought that when it is blue you can go on the land and camp without any problem :/

So I am a bit lost now about if it is a crown land or pastoral lease :|

gasco29 said:
Thank you for your answers, no it is not my lease, I checked before going here on Tengraph and it isn't over another lease, it was just blue, but yesterday when I was detecting, a guy came to ask me what I was doing and if I knew where I was, I told him that It is a pending lease but he told me that I have to let the station's owner know that I wanted to go on his land.
I actually didn't know that, I thought that when it is blue you can go on the land and camp without any problem :/

So I am a bit lost now about if it is a crown land or pastoral lease :|

I think you'll find it's practically all pastoral lease around where you are: Kalgoorlie/Menzies/Leonora/Laverton, etc.

A postural lease is crown land. Its crown land leased to a pasturalist to run cattle, but there could be other conditions.
You need to check if its a perpetual lease etc.

davent said:
A postural lease is crown land. Its crown land leased to a pasturalist to run cattle, but there could be other conditions.
You need to check if its a perpetual lease etc.

As far as I know, there's no such thing as a perpetual lease in WA.

Ok thank you, it is a little bit clearer now, but how do I know who is leasing the crown land please ? 8.(

Hi Gasco,

I take it since you know you're on a pending tenement, you know the DMP's online systems?
Get into Tengraph and find the location you want.
Click on the arrow (top right) to identify things. Then click on the exact spot on the map.
In the upper left corner of the screen, the tenement ID will probably come up first.
In the upper right corner click 'next' to cycle through the different GIS layers for that spot.
Eventually the name of the station will come up. Bingo.

Yes, even with a Miner's Right, you definitely need the pastoralists permission to go on his station. If for nothing else, think safety. He could be out shooting wild dogs in the area...

And strictly speaking you can prospect on a pending mining tenement but it's frowned upon by companies.

Good hunting!

Thank's zengeo, I'll give it a try soon when I will be able to charge my computer :)

I finished the day with 6 nuggets today for a total weight of 3 grams for 3 days :D
1497955266_img_0504.jpg

1497955267_img_0507.jpg

1497955268_img_0510.jpg

1497955269_img_0514.jpg

1497955270_img_0516.jpg

A rake is a hand tool so yes you can use it.
A pending is just that, at this point the person who submitted the application has no right over it.
The pastoral lease is another thing. You should attempt to notify them of your intention to prospect there but they don't own the land.
However you need to be sure you are not on private property in which case you must have written permission.

Your miners right comes with a list of conditions and penalties. You should take the time to understand them.

Latest posts