Quote Of The Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this off the electric papers......is this correct

The Middle East’s mega-rich oil kingdoms can see the writing on the wall. The time of big oil is over. The future is all about critical minerals. And they’ve got the money to leave Australia’s ambitions in the dust.
Oil and coal were the lifeblood of the world’s economy.

That’s now rapidly moving to sustainably generated electricity.

And while nobody owns the sun or wind, they can control the supply of essential minerals and metals needed to harvest both.

A wind generation facility needs nine times more minerals and metals than a gas-fired power plant. An electric car needs six times that of a petrol-driven car.

Kurt Vonnegut tells his wife he's going out to buy an envelope:
“Oh, she says, well, you're not a poor man. You know, why don't you go online and buy a hundred envelopes and put them in the closet? And so I pretend not to hear her. And go out to get an envelope because I'm going to have a hell of a good time in the process of buying one envelope.
I meet a lot of people. And see some great looking babies. And a fire engine goes by. And I give them the thumbs up. And I'll ask a woman what kind of dog that is. And, and I don't know. The moral of the story is - we're here on Earth to fart around.
And, of course, the computers will do us out of that. And what the computer people don't realize, or they don't care, is we're dancing animals. You know, we love to move around. And it's like we're not supposed to dance at all anymore."
Let's all get up and move around a bit right now... or at least dance until the doors are shut on us.

“I know that I have less to live than I have lived.
I feel like a child who was given a box of chocolates. He enjoys eating it, and when he sees that there is not much left, he starts to eat them with a special taste.
I have no time for endless lectures on public laws - nothing will change. And there is no desire to argue with fools who do not act according to their age. And there's no time to battle the gray. I don't attend meetings where egos are inflated and I can't stand manipulators.
I am disturbed by envious people who try to vilify the most capable to grab their positions, talents and achievements.
I have too little time to discuss headlines - my soul is in a hurry.
Too few candies left in the box.
I'm interested in human people. People who laugh at their mistakes are those who are successful, who understand their calling and don't hide from responsibility. Who defends human dignity and wants to be on the side of truth, justice, righteousness. This is what living is for.
I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch the hearts of others. Who, through the blows of fate, was able to rise and maintain the softness of the soul.
Yes, I hustle, I hustle to live with the intensity that only maturity can give. I'll eat all the candy I have left - they'll taste better than the ones I already ate.
My goal is to reach the end in harmony with myself, my loved ones and my conscience.
I thought I had two lives, but it turned out to be only one, and it needs to be lived with dignity.”

Anthony Hopkins

“I know that I have less to live than I have lived.
I feel like a child who was given a box of chocolates. He enjoys eating it, and when he sees that there is not much left, he starts to eat them with a special taste.
I have no time for endless lectures on public laws - nothing will change. And there is no desire to argue with fools who do not act according to their age. And there's no time to battle the gray. I don't attend meetings where egos are inflated and I can't stand manipulators.
I am disturbed by envious people who try to vilify the most capable to grab their positions, talents and achievements.
I have too little time to discuss headlines - my soul is in a hurry.
Too few candies left in the box.
I'm interested in human people. People who laugh at their mistakes are those who are successful, who understand their calling and don't hide from responsibility. Who defends human dignity and wants to be on the side of truth, justice, righteousness. This is what living is for.
I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch the hearts of others. Who, through the blows of fate, was able to rise and maintain the softness of the soul.
Yes, I hustle, I hustle to live with the intensity that only maturity can give. I'll eat all the candy I have left - they'll taste better than the ones I already ate.
My goal is to reach the end in harmony with myself, my loved ones and my conscience.
I thought I had two lives, but it turned out to be only one, and it needs to be lived with dignity.”

Anthony Hopkins
I'm not sure how Anthony Hopkins gets any credit for this - there's little honour in plagiarism. It's called The Valuable Time of Maturity, originally by Brazilian poet, novelist, essayist and musicologist, Mario de Andrade (San Paolo 1893-1945), although in the version above there are many small changes and grammatic errors:
https://dev.to/jyotishman/the-valuable-time-of-maturity-poem-by-mario-de-andrade-4o3o

I'm not sure how Anthony Hopkins gets any credit for this - there's little honour in plagiarism. It's called The Valuable Time of Maturity, originally by Brazilian poet, novelist, essayist and musicologist, Mario de Andrade (San Paolo 1893-1945), although in the version above there are many small changes and grammatic errors:
https://dev.to/jyotishman/the-valuable-time-of-maturity-poem-by-mario-de-andrade-4o3o
Yo can bet it was attributed to Anthony Hopkins via Facebook, as many quotes are attributed to actors to try and give them some added oomph.
I’ve seen Keane Reeves, Anthony Hopkins, Freeman Morgan etc

Latest posts