Quick check of the ATX against the GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ATX Deepseeker package = both coils $2499.99 $54.00 delivery from USA.
Just ordered
estimated delivery 28 November

Hey MYSPOT,
See you point exactly as I own a landrover.......323,000klm has never missed a beat ever.
Well kept and well maintained.
It all about what we believe in.
you like your Toyota I respect that.....as one day I may need a lift.
cheers
TheSmithy.

You should have order two I would have paid both our post!
Why do Australian surpliers have to make everything so expensive ?

Zuke_Lynzy said:
You should have order two I would have paid both our post!
Why do Australian surpliers have to make everything so expencive ?
Mate :) he's pulling your leg :D

thesmithy said:
ATX Deepseeker package = both coils $2499.99 $54.00 delivery from USA.
Just ordered
estimated delivery 28 November

Hey MYSPOT,
See you point exactly as I own a landrover.......323,000klm has never missed a beat ever.
Well kept and well maintained.
It all about what we believe in.
you like your Toyota I respect that.....as one day I may need a lift.
cheers
TheSmithy.

My Nissan is dying after recovering too many Toyotas lol

Have a look on eBay international post to AU ?
Why would you buy from your own country?
Nearly $1000 cheeper inc post

thesmithy said:
When over 100 ATX machines have been sold and tested in every conceivable situation over a 6 to 12 month period here in Australia then and only then will you have the DATA that will say either yes or no it is a good detector for Australian conditions.
Trying to compare it to a 5000 is just plain ridiculous.

It was never conceived to be a competitor to the minlab 5000.

How could anybody expect a 2000 dollar machine to out perform a 6500 dollar machine.
If you are you are dreaming my friends.

Totally different market.

cheers
TheSmithy.

If you do some research Smythy and ask both the Garrett reps and the detector sellers in the States, (with which i have spoken), you will find that the ATX is their first "Dedicated" gold hunting detector. The Infinium was their entry level PI machine and was released for a broader market which included coin and relic. All their in house advertising states it was designed and tested for Australian conditions...namely WA...they did extensive tests there.

They are not for a totally different market ...they didn't test them here in WA for coins. They are marketed for the "Gold" detecting enthusiasts, and you only have to check out all the You Tube vids to confirm this. I have yet to see the ATX compared to a "Coin" machine here or in the States.

At close to $4000 dollars for the Deep Seeker package, with the mono coils, they are in the top end of their range.

Cheers Wal.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Have a look on eBay international post to AU ?
Why would you buy from your own country?
Nearly $1000 cheeper inc post

I did Zuke and my calculations are as follows: US dollar- 2120.75 unit, 74.17 postage, 437.28 import duty= 2632.20 convert to AU 2799.00 I'm sure the AU resellers can look after you :)
1384778329_image.jpg

Hey Wal,
it may be 4000 dollars here in Oz, for the deepseeker package.
US just ordered and payed 2499.99 dollars for deepseeker package delivered for 54 dollars.
that is including both coils.

I certainly trust what you do and say Wal.......but in saying that......I am also a businessman......the person selling the product will tell you what he wants you to hear.
Every time

I would just like to see every day prospectors give there opinions of the ATX

I did the research that is why I just purchased an ATX nuff said.

You will find it will serve you well smithy, and I agree with your sentiments on sales hype. I like yourself am an everyday prospector after a bargain...and if the ATX lives up to the reputation it is portrayed with, i will certainly be getting one for Liz.....

Good luck and have to catch up again soon mate.

Cheers Wal.

I wont pay $4000 for the deepseeker package I can tell you that! Australia betta pull there finger out.

Unfortunately the coils are very expensive and at over $700 each here in OZ for the more sensitive mono coils, It's no wonder that the Ozzy dollars are going overseas. Maybe a bulk order could be arranged by an Ozzy Garrett stockist..to keep the dollars in Australia... :|

Cheers Wal.

I Agree wal, I'd be happy to buy local but Australia has to wake up we are only loosing money because of greed.

Thanks for the review Wal, very interesting.
As far as buying from the US , I was told US dealers aren't allowed to sell to Australia.

DD

I think this comparison is happening because sellers of the ATX are the ones saying it is as good as the 5000. This has obviously sparked lots of comment from GPX 5000 users. Only time & the quantity of nuggets found will tell :rolleyes:

I agree how can these dealers on the Internet be making any cash. Surely we buy at the same rate. A bit of tax and shipping on top shouldn't add up to double though, But everyone has to make a bit of money can't begrudge them for that, including our mates in Canberra. Lets see how everyone goes trying to get warranty on brought in detectors.

Hey Wal,
certainly will have to catch up.......will be down Tuena way on or around the 27th Nov.
Crevice cracker has been redesigned with chisel on one and point on the other finger protection has been added as well and a lot more compact.
Cheers
TheSmithy

Hey Diggerdude,
My ATX has been purchased through my US forwarding agent from the dealer.
Also was not aware of that Garrett agent could not ship to private Australia residents.

I will be using mine to detect iron stone deposits in the creek river systems that I HB from.
narrows down the search area some what.

My purchase price US is approx 1450 dollars cheaper than the 4000 dollars Au that Australian dealers are retailing them for.
Buy Australian by all means.......$450 mark up yeah by all means... but not $1450 ???
Cheers
TheSmithy

Hey wal any chance when the mono coils turn up you could do a depth test vs the 5000 with the small mono on a .1 gram
As this would make my mind up on the purchase of my next detector as the You tube clip does not give the 5000 any justice. And I know what it can do.
Thanks wal

WalnLiz said:
trashmagnet said:
hi
since the atx has been delivered without a skid plate, does that mean garret or the dealers will honour the warranty for the people that use it before the skid plates are available?
regards trashy

Common sense should prevail trashy. I don't suggest scraping them on the ground in any case....they are extremely touch sensitive.

Cheers Wal.

hi wal
I hear what your saying about touch sensitive and not touching the ground wal, but if you swing the thing for 8 or 9 hours you will hit rocks and crap a lot in that time no matter how carefull you are.
where I detect you can't rub the coil on the ground anyway as it is just rocks, and after a couple of full days detecting there are gauges in my skid plate even when being carefull .
I would not just assume the dealers will look after you cause replacement coils for the atx are a hell of a lot dearer compared to coiltek,nuggetfinder and commanders and coils are not covered by warranty if used without a skidplate.

so it would be good to hear from lee (toysandthings) or brad (aussie prospecting) as to if they are going to replace any stuffed coils from being used with out a skid plate. they are both quick to advertise these machines on the forums so a little feedback on the forums only seems fair.

so how about brad or lee, will you guys warranty these coils without skidplates?
regards trashy