Quick build trommel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No...NEARLY... blew the hose up.....
I was experimenting...as I do.....
And wondered if the bubbles I was seeing, were flammible....so I lit up a burner.....
I am still, to this day, deaf in one ear..........
The flame, from what I saw of it, (as I was flying back through the garage!) hit the roof......
Hmm...hydrogen......gotta love it.......

BUT, its off topic... :8

Put a bit of paint on the trommel...

1365913606_p4130015.jpg

That is awsome, don't worry I will b building one like this, ty very much for the post

Love it and good training for little miners, how cool would a water driven trommal be?

Hey there Gold Miner, nice work mate. Just a thought but could you use the old window latches to secure the mesh down easier. The part you press your thumb on. just drill that off the piece it is attached to and attach to sluice with bolts to suit. Quick release then. But I am so excited to give this project a go now. Cheers.

Gday,
Any chance I could get the specs for the timber I want to try to build one of these before attempting anything bigger.
Cheers. :cool:

Nice looking setup Gold miner, loving your work buddy...I hope there is no patent on this.

User goldminer is banned if anyone is overlooking this detail. I don't have a personal interest just pointing it out.

Sad to see
Seems to be a lot of member shrinkage at the moment
I hope this is not a sign of things to come

Goldtarget said:
User goldminer is banned if anyone is overlooking this detail. I don't have a personal interest just pointing it out.

Yep it's unfortunate alright, caused by too many late nights on the turps filling the forum with offensive nonsense (all of which was removed).

Mudguts said:
Sad to see
Seems to be a lot of member shrinkage at the moment
I hope this is not a sign of things to come

Goldminer was banned about 12 months ago for the reason I mentioned above. As with all forums people come and go, some are great people and others not so much. It's the nature of the beast.

WalnLiz said:
He had some very innovative ideas and an extremely experienced prospector. Up there with the top prospectors I've ever come across.

Wal.

This is why knowledge needs to be preserved.

Moderate...to lessen the severity of offensiveness.
So moderate out the rough stuff, and keep the head with the ideas in the forum for the advantage of others.

Knowledge lost is knowledge wasted.

I do not know which one or if there are a few....but the Mods seem quick on the trigger for banning.

There are many personalities, not all will like the others...but hey...it is a forum...a meeting place for ideas and conversation.
The forum feels a lot different to when I as here earlier in the year...the joint was buzzing...it is what made me become a member.

vic said:
Not quite sure how it works, So if your banned how come you can still post?
The posts remain....the BANNED sign just appears beside the name to inform others after the offender gets da boot

Yeah but who knows how much behind the scenes warnings to certain individuals there are?
We only see the end result of "Banned" which may seem quick and sudden when in fact it may have been an ongoing issue for months, at the end of the day I agree that knowledge lost is knowledge wasted but rules are rules too and why should some be able to abuse them over others because of their knowledge.

Anyway, that's my 2c worth on it, a shame to see people banned or leave but I'd hate to be a Moderator and have to put up with what they do at times.
Everybody has a choice and life goes on, and I'm sure this forum with grow for the better with time.

Latest posts