Question about detecting for gold. (Aldi detector)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know I only have the cheapie Aldi detector and I'm sure results vary wildly from detector to detector, but out of curiousity, what sort of sized piece of gold would you need to run over with the Aldi detector to get a ping? Not having any proper gold to test, I have no idea.

Is it worth running it over the gold fields when we go or is it more a 'coins in the paddock' type detector?

Tested it on flat and nugget sub gram and quartz peppered with small gold

Unfortunately a No-Go, quiet as a mouse. 8.(

Definitely a coin and relic machine for the small stuff, unfortunately in don't have any bigger nuggets to try it out on. Won't stop me looking though.

I'd say (based on my 6khz china detector and testing on other ebay china detectors) you would need to pass over a 1g+ nugget that was a flattened coin shape within 3-4" of the coil.

I have no doubt that any of the china detectors would find a 4oz piece sunbaking. My china GC1038 is highly reactive to hot ground and hot rocks, and the ground balance is very important. The Aldi machine doesn't have ground balance right?

Hey

A good buddy of mine has an aldi cheapy and when he first got it he told me (on the quiet) that he would need to pass it over a nugget the size of a house brick! then his big toe would find it, by stubbing it.....

Anyway about a month ago he shows up at our place in the colourbond jungle, with his hand out and in the palm of his hand was a 2+ oz nugget he found with aldi and it was about 6 inches deep. It ain't no house brick but my mate still carries it around with him...

True story!!

Cheers

Bazz

Latest posts