Pumps for a Highbanker - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can just Centre feed your spray bar and that will save one hose.. if the first few holes closest to the water inlet spray harder open up the furthest holes by .5 mm then each one coming back to the inlet to equalise the pressure. Ex . Last 2 holes 6, next 2 5.5 next 2 5 etc It may not be necessary but this method is used in particularly long spray bars where uneven flows are present.

Looks ok to me and the price is pretty good. 1.5" is what I would be getting but as this is a chinese product it may not have the quality you would expect from a more trusted brand.

If you can handle a little extra maintenance (oil Changes) and don't expect Honda performance than yeah I reckon it would do ok.

Good luck with it

That is the same pump that a lot of us use and I have had mine for 12 months now.
Good value for money when starting out.
Just keep the maintenance up to it with regular oil changes to begin with and you will be fine with it. :D

Mate believe it or not its hard to buy a bad pump these days. Noone wants the negative feedback and theyll give you yoir money back before copping bad feedback on a ebay account. Ive bought numerous pumps and all but one worked fine.

Will it work on yours? I suppose the question is how much water do you need? Width being the biggest deciding factor. Obviously you dont want to be running a 4 stroke flat out to get your 12k liters. Unlike a 2 stroke that thrives on full throttle a 4 will get very hot.

Id say if you sluices are within 250mm your laughing mate. If you run deep riffles and 300mm wide you want a few inches over your riffles so a bigger pump while cumbersome can deliver more water for longer at higher altitudes and further from the waters edge. If you're going cheap lifen is a decent low end pump. Then tornado then rato.

Good luck with it mate remeber yiu can always adjust you angke to auit whatever you have.

1437995163_screenshot_2015-07-27-21-04-56.jpg
By the way this is the only pump i ever bought its a peacea doesnt pump what it should spits oil and it sounds like a chainsaw drowning in its own spit.

Love to see that one in negative feed back. The seller would squirm like a scalded cat.
" By the way this is the only pump i ever bought its a peacea doesnt pump what it should spits oil and it sounds like a chainsaw drowning in its own spit. ''

Haha true. Theyre response to my message wasnt too good either. ... something along the line of "the pump is not designed to be used for any perood if time" lol anyway moving on... they gave me $60 back and now they're flogging them for $80

At that price Jeff u are over half way to buying a decent one. Seriously save the bucks and buy a quality one that will last years. Ive been down the Cheap track , yeah it got me going but also had me stopped while out in the middle of good gold :(
Gaz
ps.. if going the cheap option id be chasing that pump closer to the 100 mark , by the way check out Graysonline and see whats on offer there.

Heard good reports from the Rato pumps like what GaryO posted.
Seen one running a banker earlier this year & it was fairly quiet & pumped plenty of water.

Cheers fellas ,, I am going to get it and see how it fares . My sluice is 250 wide , so it should be ok .

It looks to be the same as a Rato pump - different paint & stickers.
Inc postage, sounds like a good deal.
It'll pump plenty of water.
I use a 1" pump & it does fine at half throttle for my 250mm banker.
If it comes with oil, get rid of it & put your own reputable oil in it & change it after a couple of hours or after the first day.

I'm looking for something similar.

Would love a Honda but budget probably won't stretch that far.

Any idea how much it weighs? It seems the more expensive pumps are very light.

Ag Man said:
It looks to be the same as a Rato pump - different paint & stickers.
Inc postage, sounds like a good deal.
It'll pump plenty of water.
I use a 1" pump & it does fine at half throttle for my 250mm banker.
If it comes with oil, get rid of it & put your own reputable oil in it & change it after a couple of hours or after the first day.

*****This is Gold****** best advice re pumps change the oil with good oil run for a few hours and change the oil again, the pump will alst forver if you change it out every 40-60 hours

I sent this to a forum member as he asked on what to do for the first few runs. :) :) :)
Sure,
I one small teaspoon off twp stroke oil in a full tank of petrol. (This will initially help bed the rings)
Fill the crankcase with oil to the correct level.
Get the garden hose and with it running reasonably well, stick it into the suction of the pump opening.
Move the fuel lever to on.
Move the choke lever to off, Yes, It is back the front.
Turn the red switch to on.
Move the throttle lever up A little bit.
Give the starter a few stiff pull's and it should start.
Let it run for about 10 seconds then move the choke lever slowly to on.
Your motor should now be sitting there idling away happily.
Let it run for about 5 minutes and ensure that you have water running into the pump. Don't run it dry.
Back the throttle lever to low as far as it will go.
Turn the pump off with the red switch.
Drain the oil then refill with new oil.
Only use the two stroke for the first tankful.
After the first outing change the oil again.
After about the third outing change the oil again using a semi friction modified oil.
Your pump will last for years if you look after it.
I carry two spare spark plugs for it NGK Brand and a piece of starter cord.
Have fun.

Latest posts