Prospectors doing the wrong thing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTGOLD

JT Green
Reaction score
Good morning all,

Just a little heads up to those out there who seem to be overwhelmed with stupidity at times, there is a small permanent waterhole that used to be good enough to run a high banker as long as you were careful not to run your banker back into the hole, as in keep your tailings out of the hole- use a shovel to throw it out.
I went to said spot after not going there for 6mnts or more, turns out some group of people ran a high banker back into the hole & to top it off cut a drainage ditch as well not only 3/4 filling the hole they lowered the level as well.
This particular spot has been used by at least 7 prospectors that I know of for the last 5 years or more & everybody respects the limited water available & does not do acts of idiocy,about 4 weeks ago so I found put the particular group in question had an absolute ball, I won't name names but we know who you are, now fortunately it can be rectified & will be by myself & my friend but the point is for the sake of a couple of days fun you have left your mess to cleaned up by local prospectors who will have to spend at least 2-3 days to fix it up & we will fix it up because water is extremely scarce in that area, that includes the wildlife in the area that use the hole as well.
So to end this rant,thank you very much for not using your brains but don't worry we will repair what you have left behind & yes I know you are members of this forum but I will leave it at that.

Really??
Didnt think there was anyone else from this forum whom lived in gympie?
Either way name and shame.... they must pay for their stupidity.... pm the area in question i might be able to help ya mate.

Yeah true we must respect our fellow prospectors, just to add to this, there has been a spate of unruly behavior at Gympie, where Yobs and I and Tribsa fossick, and it it absolutely disgusting, I'm talking about some cretin, some disgusting creature, is going to the toilet right near a hole where we dig and won't even bury their No 2's.

This person needs speaking too, Yobs knows more about it, some people just get me, mind you this has only just started over the last 4-6 mths, before that we had no problems whatsoever. If seen, they need to be spoken to and be told that this behavior is totally unacceptable.

Yeah JT pretty off, but it won't stop us, the funny thing is, who ever is doing it, is trying to stop us going back to a hole we opened up. Ya gotta laugh. Might be time for some bear traps. lol.

I just have to ask.... the prospectors didnt do anything wrong as such...as illegal? Just didnt prospect the same as you....and prospected with bad form as in didnt leave the place as they found it.? Or how you would have liked it?
You have to remember this is a public forum and any title suggesting prospectors doing the wrong thing is going to be veiwed by people from all walks of life.... i know it can be frustrating finding your spot a little messy but think before you submit....plz

Common courtesy is the point being argued, and mostly likely a valid one, thus a valid thread.

I have a permission where #1's are only just tolerated...

For #2's the plan has been to take a few good thick plastic bags and each has a few handfuls of kitty litter.

Put bag into bucket like a bin liner - do your stuff and then tie up and place into another bag and then into the rubbish bucket - take and dispose of.

If you get caught out - Old age and a bad cough :) You do what you have to and then dig a good deep hole and back fill. Or have a couple of Doggy poo bags and collect / take and dispose of.

Hate going to a place and finding toilet paper and tampons all over the place. Fishing / Camping / Detecting is all the same. See too much disrespect these days...

Jaros said:
What about the people who do their business and drop a few coins/nuts/bolts into their "doings" and cover it up neatly to trap the next "unsuspecting" detectorist !!
Jaros :mad:

Must give the same TID / sound as a 1/2 sovereign

I am 49, and go only at certain times, both before and after work. It would be a big hassle for my clients to wait whilst I went.....I have to pee quick as well lol Point is, you can train a healthy bowel. Someone pls change subject :/

Interesting post from JT...I can't imagine where he is talking about in the Gympie area as I am only familiar with public access fossicking area at Deep Creek, Gympie.

I agree with Yobskin that it's hard to know what the problem was that started this thread...someone doing something illegal or someone doing something that is different to what JT would have done?? Who knows...not enough info to make sense of the problem.

In relation to people taking a No2 dump at Deep Creek I am surprised it's still happening.. would have thought the noise made some weeks ago (in another forum) about that problem would have gotten the message through to the grubs to stop it.

I advised anyone who would listen many weeks ago, that I got approached by a local home owner who lives in the houses near the fossicking area...he said the human waste issue was bad enough that he was going to complain to council and when that happens the authorities just get another reason to consider shutting down the fossicking area. Should that happen, then we all get screwed by someone who cant or wont go to a toilet that is a couple of minutes drive from the site. Worse still, the fossickers that go to Deep Creek invariable have a shovel and a pick and could dig a friggin hole...how hard is that ???

Anyway sorry that JT got mucked around...but JT you need to spell out a bit more of what your problem is and where it is or the rest of us can only sympathise and do nothing to help you.
cheers
Mike

Latest posts