Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha!..your welcome back brother!...Ken, I love the space thats afforded on the bedside mate. :Y: :Y: plenty o' room for 16 bottles a bourbon and a glass with which to drink it...purely medicinal ,of course ;) if we could provide a little space down the centre..bearing in mind the Battery housing..AS ROUGH GUIDE TO WIDTH..then we might fit the generator, in one compartment..fitted length ways, gas burner(stowed on its edge) IN ANOTHER.. plus other items like the spot light and stuff the tyre repair kit camo net etc..but I like the space inside.If we were to limit the hight of those storage items to the clearance hight of the genrator(say) then ..if we have enough ply we can fit a lift up top that serves as a seat..with pretty pink cushions and ken dolls and stuff.. ]:D ..sorry Ken ]:D WE HAVE A SHITE LOAD OF STORAGE UPSTAIRS! :D :cool: ]:D Anyway mate that's just how i'm think'n...your the man.

No worries when we finish the bed we can then measure up for all the rest of the gear you need
As you said the pod on the roof will hold all that gear the you need to take but don't use all the time
Storage shelves on both sides running the full length with lockable lids
Another thought is plenty of room up the front for another storage unit which will also hold the battery
And with the height maybe some over head storage as well for all that small stuff we all seem to cary but never use :lol: :lol:
something to think about anyway ]:D ]:D
I will pick up another sheet of ply tomorrow but might use 6 ply on the inside to cut the weight down a bit more

:Y: :Y: :Y: Unreal!.....just say'n...under the bed is..Huge storage space,eh.So I reckon all i need is the storage space down the side where the Battery goes..you know!..about 400mm wide or 300. I'm wondering about the fridge.If could fit in place firstin the opposite top corner from the bed..then the battery housing. could fit in a storage box extending only a metre or so longhigh enough to store the generator...no need for elevated shelves at this stage mate ;) something like that can be installed fairly easy..later when we have time to assess what is the need what will work and what would be the ideal mate. :Y: More ply!..danm! 8) the main thing now Ithink is justo have a bed..safe stowage of the battery and ancillary storage to accommodate the Gen,the cooker,food..tinned and nonperishables and my stuff.. :D ..like cooking utensils plates washim]ng up tray and liquid ,the waffle iron :Y: camp oven frying pan, pots..my knife and spoon tin..tea coffee..1.2 kg gas bottle etc...Phew! :D ..all the other options for storage...overhead and etc, can be installed when you come ..or I come down ]:D ]:D there or here :cool: ]:D Ican work with what we basically have now mate..for now. Just want to make it as painless for you as possible right now ..given things have been what they are with you of late. :Y: :rainbow: ..anyway mate I'll bring a sketch wid moir on wednesday...or we could draw up plans on the wet sand! :D :Y: whatever fitrs in with your agenda mate and takes the load of you Ken. :cool:

all the wiring has already been put in so the fridge sits at the end of the bed at the rear of the trailer that way it was easy to get to
storage for all your other stuff pot pans etc can be put into the left side storage and the generator i thought could go in the storage under the bed at the back near the fridge as it the first thing to come out it would be a bit easier for you but as you said we still have time to work all that out when its finished
it will be just a matter of putting stuff in and then adjusting to what suits you as everyone packs different and has more important stuff they want access to when they first pull up (me its coffee and stove :lol: :lol: :lol: )
i worked out how to secure the pod on last night to do both jobs ie make the racks secure and mount it at the same time lot less work then the way i was going to do it with brackets

all edges finished and sealed for water proof
1509411122_101_70571.jpg

1509411142_101_70581.jpg

bed half done need to go and get some more wood one more sheet will finish the lot off now
1509411207_101_70591.jpg

ok guys and girls i am not a builder/welder/carpenter or anything like that just a jack of all trades master of none so what you see is what you get may not look like a million dollars but it will work and wont fall apart (warranty is 500m or 5 min which ever comes first :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
had lunch then Bunnings again i am sure i should buy shares in that place :p :p :p
jumped back into it this afternoon so we now have
the bed finished and in place (drilled my finger twice)
fridge fits like a glove
pod mounted on the top
Solar panel to be fitted tomorrow after i get home from Bombo with the boys doing a bit of a swing (2 XTerra 705 against my GM 1000)
ok back on subject
all work sealed and water proof ready for painting
still to do
storage draws to be made and screwed into place
battery box to be welded
spare tyre mounted under the draw bar ????????? maybe ;) ;) ;)
1509425423_101_70621.jpg

1509425453_101_70611.jpg

1509425473_101_70641.jpg

OH!....OH!....That is amazing!... :Y: :Y: ..Mate!...you needed to recover from the heat jitters!...instead. you attack it like an insurgent's stronghold.. :eek: 8) 8) bloody amazing!... :cool: We should'a made the bed bit first...I could have had a 'poppy nap' :p
Yeah mate where the fridge is ..makes sense..I dof's me lid to your thinking there... :cool:Very Cool..pun intended! TeeHee! ]:D easy to access..same with the Genny,Y: :Y: Oh Boy!!..... 8.( ..I'm not sad!!...yer bloody got me blubberi/n with joy and humility again mate....The capping looks the goods mate!..like you said....cleans it up just flame'n ...unreal Ken...You must have been exhausted yesterday after this! :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: .GREAT JOB KEN!...No!....really.... great job mate! :cool: See yer tomorrow..have the plane if you still need it..so sweet! You can have a few hours off tomorrow!...but ..only a few hrs mind you!!.. ]:D ]:D Thanks mate.... ;)

I don't think having the spare tyre under the drawbar is a good idea. If the trailer happens to unhitch it will wreck the sidewall of the tyre. Placing it on top is the way to go mate.

Jaros said:
I don't think having the spare tyre under the drawbar is a good idea. If the trailer happens to unhitch it will wreck the sidewall of the tyre. Placing it on top is the way to go mate.
yes thats along the line i was thinking if it hits a rock when off road the you have no spare :Y: :Y:
the mount is on the top at the moment so i will leave it there
there is enough storage without having to put anything on the draw bar

Yep!....I agree :Y: It was only because we were thinking of placing the battery there....at first. But it would be very vulnerable in that position!...eh. As well as a pain in the anal passage to get off!, with how my back sometimes is. :rolleyes: :Y:

GUESS WHAT DADDY
Ken said i am ready to come home to live with you and mummy now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but i am sad because i have no makeup on and i look ugly 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( :brokenh: :brokenh: :brokenh: :brokenh:
can you bring some makeup down on Monday so i look nice to meet mummy :8 :8 :8
Ken said white would look nice and keep the sun at bay as well i hope he is right :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
and can mummy please make me some new curtains as these ones look yucky
he is putting his spare battery in so i have all my lights working for you and when he gets the other bigger battery he will change them over for you
Had to laugh at ken today he realised he had put the pod on the wrong way and he said some naughty words and i blushed :8 :8 :8
but its ok now he took it off and put it back on the right way
that little dog of his was sleeping on your bed most of the day while ken was working on me and he would not listen when i told him to get off it was yours
he is such a naughty dog sometimes

The one pictured is an ARB vent which is what I have installed .................. you can get cheaper and even between two different ARB shops price differed by $20 .................. as an example I was quoted $390 for a remote winch controller for a warn winch and purchased US shipped for $190.
Any vent as long as it can be locked in open position should do the trick as it doesn't require much to give the canopy some positive pressure.(Facing forward)
No filter on the one I use but have found no dust ........................ have had various canopies over many years but first time have used a vent and first time no dust. Also works well if parking car up whilst detecting as I open front window of canopy and leave vent open and it draws fresh air in and hot air up and out of vent. I use a pollen filter in canopy front sliding window to stop any dust ingress. Bottom line it works :Y: But note only open front window when parked .
Apart from the dust have found that between the vent helping to get rid of the hot air along with a solar panel on roof of canopy acting as a great heat insulator the fridges are working far less to maintain cold temps which is a big plus in FNQ's heat. Had thought of using a solar fan to get rid of heat out of canopy but they are over a hundred dollars plus would still need vent to pos pressure canopy whilst travelling.

http://www.all4x4.com.au/d259-169/exterior/canopies/arb-canopy-vent/

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Small-po...545769?hash=item543e8af069:g:dSkAAOSwB09YJlzU

Latest posts