Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be one I just posted link to in edit ? :)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Small-po...545769?hash=item543e8af069:g:dSkAAOSwB09YJlzU

Funny how over the years I spent a fortune and many hours trying to seal tailgates and any other way that dust could get in and in the end let the air do the work for you. Not much fun when you get to your destination and find a layer of dust over and in everything. :mad:
7.62 your luggage boot should also keep a lot of heat of canopy roof :Y: :Y: always good when you get an extra bonus :Y:

7.62marksman said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that was the one i just ordered :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes it seems big enough to cover most of the roof
Should do the job no risk :Y: and with the pod sun is only directly over head for short time so shade area will actually be more than just the pods footprint :)

Oh!..Ken!..great addition to the project :p 8) ..but mate!...please...enough already! :D stop spending money!... :8 :8 :8 hahaha! I warn yer!
If the TURTLE gets word of this!...all hell's gonna break lose...ha!ha!..SHEEZ!...I'M like...entirely stoked Ken!.. 8.( here I go again...haha! tears of joy!...are sweet not bitter!....Did anyone else notice that?..I wonder?..Hehe...

Lol he has been sitting patiently watching and waiting his turn will come nice bath a service and a polish he will be fine
He knows that i am doing this for you so he is happy enough :lol: :lol:
Got to work out the next project now :lol: :lol:

davent... :Y: HE,he!, I have heard that the turret on a APC an the like is called a cupola!...I think :8 !...hehe!...beyond that ..you must have to be ex-forces...to get the drift. ;) but I'm sure Ken would be grinning from ear to ear! :Y:

HHHAAAAA...HHHHAAAA! :Y: :Y: ]:D You are a cheeky little van sometimes ..Milo is allowed to sleep on my bed anytime he likes cause' he and I are :cool: really good friends!.
Don't you worry about the makeup, Daddy has to pick up some really, really white stuff for you and you will look most handsome.He might even buy you some pinstriping to make you look really chic! ]:D
Mummy said.'when you get home she will let you pick your curtains...aren't you a lucky little Van' :p
You know when Uncle Ken makes mistakes he always say's naughty things...you can tell him I said. next time he swears and every time after that..he has to give you $5. ]:D ]:D hehe! :cool: :Y: :Y: :Y: LMAO....HEHE!..YOU SHOULD RIGHT KIDS SHORT STORIES KEN! :lol:

1509791138_70.jpg

I don't understand what has happened to this thread .
I have enjoyed it mostly but now l have no idea what you guys are carrying on about.
Is it because I've become an old man or or is because
You fellas are on the hippy hooch? :|

lol sorry mate just having some fun i will have some more photos up tomorrow of the just about finished project
cant be straight laced all the time :lol: :lol: :lol: life would be boring
final touches except for paint will be done tomorrow
besides scotch helps :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is my dog Milo he thinks that if something comes into the back yard then he owns it
1509793577_milo.jpg

so when i am working on the trailer he would sleep under it until the noise gave him the shits the he would go inside
however when i put the bed and mattress in he would get on the bed and would not move so i had to lift him out and shut the tailgate so i could get inside with the grinder welder etc etc
so the joke that is going on is about him

Hi Ken, You have no need to apologise to anyone Ken!...This build has been for me stoyve :| ..and it is the kindest act that I have ever heard of..ever. That it should be on my behalf, has sent my senses into overdrive mate!...and Ken and I have a peculiar trait in common..which I thought was only found in peculiar characters like myself! :eek: we give some..or all of our 'things' names so as that they actually become characters in our live's.....Weird :p eh!... i.e.....My GPS is Sherley... {) My Prado is called..Marquez!... ;) .etc,etc, ad-nauseum. As the build has neared completion, I have been honoured to contribute to that completion..in the only tangible way I could.
Purchasing some of the components and working with Ken, in an effort to take some of the load from off his broad shoulders.And giving cause to laugh at each other and the world, has I hope, been as a distraction for Ken, who has been through an unimaginable period of stress.
The post he made to me, was a fun way to inform me of the progress of the Van thus far and, what I will need to bring with me for the (almost)final push to be finished, and Roll'n Westbound on Thursday!
So stoyve... :) sometimes there are things afoot that we don't always comprehend... ]:D I hope now you will understand our exuberance, ]:D ]:D as this marathon of a build has finally come to an end. :Y: Kind Regards ..Rossco :cool:

Ok fellas, l certainly was not looking for any kind of apology, only an explanation.
Thanks for that to the both of you.
I just didnt know what you were talking about,
I love a bit of banter between mates.
So all l can say now is more power to you :)
Cheers Steve

rang reefer this morning about 0730 to let him know it was raining :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Ok the trailer is somewhat finished nearly
solar panel is on but not hooked up we were waiting for a regulator to turn up and low and behold when reefer got home it was waiting for him so we will have to hook it up when we get to wattle flat
waiting for the air intake to turn up and yes you guessed it
got a sms from aust post the air intake will be delivered tomorrow :mad: :mad: another fitting in the near future
my spare battery is temporally fitted until i can get the 120 one if my mate ever turns up with it ]:D ]:D ]:D
all welding done except a few holes in the floor (might leave them to let the water out :lol: :lol: )
i wondered what next door were looking and pointing at they seemed worried about something
240v lead in the rain mmmm yep thats ok :D :D
sitting on a fuel jerry welding and grinding mmmm yep thats ok :D :D
then it struck me like a bolt of 240v :eek: :eek: :eek:
the dog was digging a hole in the garden and was as black as anything :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
that had to be the problem i cant for the life of me think what else it could have been O:) O:) O:)
the mig and grinder were playing up in the rain as i had to do it under the carport (i have no shed and its open carport) :8 :8 :8
at this stage i was dripping wet and frozen to the bone 8.( 8.( 8.(
no painting done today as it was raining
1509950343_61.jpg

reefer will have to do that part if it ever stops
some mistakes have been made but nothing that cant be fixed later or interfere with using the trailer
i would have liked it to be totally finished before he picked it up but i an afraid that was not possible so mate sorry about that
but it will do what it was designed for :Y: :Y:
1509950996_101_70691.jpg

1509951022_101_70701.jpg

1509951052_101_70711.jpg

Mate ....speechless!...Robyn say's she will set to with the 'interior decorating'...as soon as we're back from Wattle Flat! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: isn't a bloke's stuff ever sacred! :p ....but I think she's quite chuffed with it!...despite the barrage of questions that I had no answer for :D :D
I would just like to thank you... publicly, for all your efforts and expense on my behalf.You have restored my faith in the generosity of- my fellow man when a need has been identified and I will be forever grateful to you.
I wrote while back when you came to the fore with an upgraded and much better, handheld radio, that you were a living example of the words 'True Blue'..or words to that effect.
I had no idea at the time, of the calibre of your generosity! Or how I would come to value your companionship, and respect you so much.
The members here should know that at a critical juncture of the Van's construction, You had a devastatingly cruel act of bastard-ry enacted upon you by your employer..Which would render most blokes incapable of continuing the project...You dusted yourself off, took a few deep breaths,and got stuck in and kept your word and your bond.It's an honour and a privilege to know you Ken Perkins.And this world is a better place because of
True Blue men like you.

pleasure is all my mate you have given all your life so it was your turn to have something done for you
it is not the Hilton but its workable and dry and now you will wake up refreshed
not looking like an older man ]:D ]:D ]:D all doubled over from sleeping in your car

Well Done Ken.
I can see reefer sitting up in it happily strumming his Guitar. :cool:
May I be impertanent and ask,
Will it fit out from under the car port. ??
I would hate to see a judjment of error at the last moment. :eek:
Will study it at Wattle Flat. :Y:

:Y: :Y: :Y:Yep!....I'll be fresh as a daisy mate! ;) 'Like an OLDER man'!... 8) ]:D...very diplomatic of you Ken ]:D You mean older than the old man I am! :p haha!..I've been working out! ]:D ......You won't have a chance to even ground that Goldmaster of yours before I'm pinging my third nugget of the day! ;) ]:D.... Go Xterra you good thing! :Y: haha...well at least that's what I'll keep telling myself:rolleyes: :D :D

Latest posts