Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you intend to Drink out of your 'Pipe Tank' just be aware that these pipes contain Lead in the Pipe Manufacturing, and are NOT recommended for holding Potable Water.. And if you do use it, you should use a Food Grade Glue (clear), not the Blue Stuff, That's Poison too. Ok to wash with but not really Drinkable....

LW...

LoneWolf said:
If you intend to Drink out of your 'Pipe Tank' just be aware that these pipes contain Lead in the Pipe Manufacturing, and are NOT recommended for holding Potable Water.. And if you do use it, you should use a Food Grade Glue (clear), not the Blue Stuff, That's Poison too. Ok to wash with but not really Drinkable....

LW...

Hmmmm, but most houses are full of the stuff!

Yes they are full of it But..., 90mm is stormwater used in Downpipes for Gutters ect and I don't think it contains Lead, 100mm is Sewer used on Toilets, Wast water ect which has Lead in it(you don't drink wast water so it doesn't matter)... and then there is Food Grade HPE I think its called, used for Pressure pipe in food Factories ect.. No Lead in this stuff..
Yes they Do use 100mm Sewer pipe for Rainwater Tanks but it contains Lead... When I installed Air-con, we were Not allowed to use ANY pvc pipe for our Drains, we have to use Food Grade High Pressure Pipe...And NO Blue Glue...

All Water Supply Pipe must be Copper or the Black Plastic Pipe or the above mentioned Food Grade pipe, as they contain No Lead... There are Many 'types' of Pipes for Many uses...I know everyone uses 100mm Pipe but it Does contain lead... Lead is used as a Strengthening Agent to make the pipes more Stronger... :Y:

I think you can get 100mm pipe for tanks that contain No Lead... Should be written on the pipe..
LW...

lordo.1 said:
Secret squirrels that pipe is 100mm pipe but its not stormwater pipe its sewer grade .IF you go to the plumbing supplier and ask for stormwater pipe they will sell you 90 mm stormwater pipe much thinner wall thinkness , need to ask for 100mm dwv sewer or at least look at all the different types and sizes and find what suits your needs
Thanks lordo. Our h/w is limited they only have the 3 types storm water, high pressure and electrical. so do you mean use the high pressure? is it safe for drinking ?

Ken..If you don't mind my interjection...I do have a freshwater..(plastic )22lt. water container..Q, IS THAT SAFE!?. I assume it is as that's what it was marketed as :/ ..it has a fitting for pouring. but alas no tap arrangement..but has served me well nonetheless.
moreover, it might be able to be mounted more easily than fitting of pipe and the associated sourcing of the right type etc..etc..?With respect to that angle, I would have to give you the measurements.I can give you those a little later...on shopping duties for the Financial tyrant..er.. adviser :eek: shouldn't say that she budgets things the best she can... ]:D ...as far as the treats went..I could have eaten what was left of 'em...but I didn't WANT TO EMBARRASS MYSELF :lol: :lol: :lol: tell Melissa they were great...and you and I will require at least that many again over the long weekend :eek: :D :cool: Rossco! :cool:

secret squirrels from the three you mentioned 90mm stormwater will be the cheapest larger size pressure pipe can get a bit pricey.As for safety issues im not sure .

reefer
hey mate i picked up this today well tonight i think this might just work :D :D :D

12V 4L/Min High Pressure Micro Diaphragm Water Pump 100Psi
This is a high quality DC micro diaphragm pump.
The water pump with a pressure switch will be automatically cut off when the pressure of water outlet is big enough.
And runs again when the pressure is going down.

Specifications:
Voltage: 12V
Model: 0142YB-12-60
Power: 60WIntake
Pressure: 100 PSI (0.6MPA)
Flow (MAX):4L/min
Suction Distance: 2m
Lift: 80m
Range: 8m
Motor Lifespan: 3-5years
Net Weight: About 0.6Kg
Material: Plastic
Color: Black
Size: Approx. 16.5 x 9.5 x 6cm (L*W*H)
1503745308_bbb37731cbd75a1e.jpg

whoa! so cool.. this is just amazing!...Does it mean though that it is always active..or can you isolate it when not required..like, you know when it's parked out the back and not in use?..did you find out if the pipe you had in mind is safe...I never knew that plastic like that can be poisonous :eek: !..you learn something everyday eh!. Iwas at Adam's today fitting his canopy frame to his new trailer. I took a lead from what I saw of the photos of the build, and made up a wooden jig that fitted precisely into and on the top of the trailer. Set the frame up then on top and marked and drilled holes in the jig for the canopy legs ;) we then placed the frame legs into the holes which allowed us then to tech screw brackets on each corner at the required height , then tech screwed the frame to the brackets :Y: frame is sitting true and straight and the whole job took about 2hours to do :lol: really happy with it.When he wants to use the trailer.. all he really has to do is remove the canopy!..he can remove the frame by unscrewing the tech screws..and VOLA!..BACK TO A REGULAR TRAILER! ]:D He wants to fit a checker-plate thingo on the draw bar section..the plate is not that dear and would be easy to tech screw to a normal frame..but his is a massive frame mate...about 120x80 or 90mm and...at least 10mm thick or so :eek: ]:D ]:D ]:D good luck with that one Adam! ]:D ]:D Anyway mate thanks for all you doing Ken and I hope the lads live up to your expectations of them come next week and things start falling in place..cheers rossco. :cool:

Mine must be 150mm not 100mm, as it holds just over 2/10lt jerry cans, and its walls are thick as.
I used blue glue to, havnt got sick yet, but hey I'm 50 this year and have smoked about a pack a day since I was 17, so a bit of blue glue won't hurt out of a plastic pipe.....I take capt Morgans elixer pretty regularly to counteract any impurities in the water.

Latest posts