Post Your Sweetest Images Here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW :eek: :eek: some very impressive pics there.
Judging by the angle of the moon.The picture was taken somewhere in western victoria :eek: ;) :Y: :lol:

TJ. My new buddy at 12 weeks old.

1533358666_20180802_144951.jpg

Not a photo but a letter from our daughter who we saw off yesterday on a 2 month trip to Europe. I am counting the days till she's home safe. I know you need to let your kids go and explore life but it doesn't make it any easier.
This is what she wrote;
Dear Mum and Dad, Boy am I thankful for you guys. I am thankful that you have pushed me, supported me and love me. I am thankful for my upbringing and for having a God centred family.
Mummy, I don't say it enough but I am forever grateful for you and love you to pieces. Granted we know how to push each other's buttons but I know you only say things because you care. I am so thankful that you care, for never giving up on me even when I gave up on myself. I can never repay you and I couldn't ask for a better mum, for making me laugh and dancing with me and for your infectious smile. You gave me a verse on my first day of work "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" . That has got me through every rough, scary and nerve racking event so far. I cherish it and live by it daily. I love you so much.
Daddy, my first love! I am thankful for all the times you listen to my boring stories and for constantly making me laugh. You've been the most supporting and loving father and you and mum have always been there for me. Over the years you've created an unbeatable standard for the man God places in my life by showing your constant and daily love to mum and I. You've shown me what it means to be truly loved. I love every moment we spend together. I am so thankful for who you have taught me to be and who you continue to teach me to be. Thank you for always putting up with my crap. I wouldn't be where I am today with out you. I'll be on the plane when you read this but know I love you and miss you already. EG xx

Do you think I got teary reading this? 8.( Sometimes you don't know how you're going as a parent until you get something like this.

A huge Well Done to you, your wife and especially your daughter. Wow that brought a tear to my eyes.
Don't worry to much as she knows whom is looking after her on this journey.
Best Wishes
Mackka :Y:

congratulations mr and mrs kemjak you have obviously done a bloody good job to get your daughter to this point and i reckon she will be right from here .you can only hope when you start bringing up a family that your example is going to be enough of an encouragement. all you can do now is be there for the inevitable bumps in the road
onya mate
geoff

What a thoughtful and honest letter from your daughter. Another small reward for your wife and your self for the time,guidance and love obviously given over the years to have brought her to this exiting chapter of her life, i must say well done guys indeed i value and respect people as yourselves and please continue to take care of each other in this roller coaster that is life.
Kind regards Dolphin

1539331456_img_20181012_185435.jpg
1539331468_img_20181012_185532.jpg

Not the greatest pics but went downslope over the week where the hills flatten out and found these. To me these are of an immense size. I'll have to get the tape out but a couple were over 10 feet tall and possibly pushing 12 feet. Here is a pic below of me trying to show some scale. I'm 6' 2 and the stem on my head came to my ribs giving a bit of an approximation of the height. I'll go back with the Canon one day soon to capture this marvel of the Bush.

1539331730_img_20181012_185913.jpg

Hey old gt love the photos mate and those are very scary beasties however, I am pleased for the black out on the last photo as that could have been scarier, sorry mate, the Devil made me do it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
On a serious note I thought those were good indicators of gold bearing ground?
Cheers
Mackka :Y: :Y:

Hey Makka,
I had a good laugh at you blokes giving a bit of ribbing.

To answer your question it has been relayed to me from a few prospectors that these are indicators of poor shallow soils and often show (I could have the wrong rock type ) granite (?) intrusions in the hillsides. Often you will find many costeans and shallower diggings nearby where the gravels start to increase in depth or in quartz veins themselves.

In the area I took this photo this holds true, as with a few other areas I've looked for old workings in that general area. I don't look for virgin patches or orphan nuggets but I know one bloke in particular who targets those areas and has by his accounts found some patches and orphans that were noteworthy.

The difficulty I find is they are really prone to hot rocks that are generally orangey or pinkish/purple and give off a very "positive" signal, so I tend to just operate on the old workings, sure its scraps, but the hard work was already done for me!

I've spent a great deal of time nearby to where these were but these were so huge compared to average sized I would normally see. I was working a smaller reef line on one hill North of a place I've visited a few times and I could see them perched between it and the next hill north. It's fairly steep going but it was worth the walk up and back, I was mesmerized by them. I'm still just a boy in the Bush discovering something new in moments like that. That for me is the true gold. I couldn't even guess at how old they must be.

Latest posts